We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maya Air ?

Portsmouth, Ohio
Level Contributor
457 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Maya Air ?

Are they reliable from Cancun to Coz ? How about getting from main terminal to the Maya Air terminal , Some CLEAR intructions sure would help , they is so much MISinformation at the airport from hucksters you cant just ask someone . They will point you to whoever is greasing their pockets . Last time I was their the terminals had undergone big changes and simply catching the Aldo bus was mass chaos IMO.

14 replies to this topic
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,844 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Maya Air ?

Just did it Wednesday for a 9 AM flight to Miami. I took the 6:50 AM from Coz to Cun. Lomas was there to take all of us to the various terminals.

I didn't have bags to check so I walked up to security that was empty. Through in 2 minutes at 7:45. Saw there was an earlier flight to Miami, so I took it instead of my 9 AM flight. Easy.

My only hiccup was in Cozumel. I printed what I thought was my ticket. I was just a voucher for the ticket that I exchanged at the MayaAir counter. At 6:30 AM in the Coz airport, I was one of 10 passengers in the terminal.

Edited: 22 September 2017, 23:02
Saskatoon
Level Contributor
382 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Maya Air ?

Yes. They are very reliable, IMHO.

We just did it in August/September.

Agree with all above posters - the bigger the group the less the advantage of using Mayair due to cost.

Only concern is to coordinate flight schedules. If you are late getting to Cancun, you might miss your Mayair flight to Coz. We leave lots of time and sometimes take the later flight instead of feeling rushed. You never know what stupid Customs lineup you might run into when landing in Cancun. That's why we usually do bag drag to Coz (USA transfers, ferry, cab to resort) but fly Mayair back, with lots of time to spare.

Remember, bring the credit card with you that you used to book online.

Stuart, Florida
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Maya Air ?

How far in advance must you purchase your ticket on Maya Air?

Saskatoon
Level Contributor
382 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Maya Air ?

Mayair is very reliable, IMHO. Only issue is making sure you have enough time to get from main terminal to their terminal, taking into account possible flight delays getting to Cancun in the first place. Usually the times don't work for us so we do the bag drag to Playa, then Coz, but always fly back on Mayair. If the times worked for us we would fly with Mayair. Prices for us, from our neck of the woods make it worthwhile.

There is a free bus shuttle running between the terminals. https:/…terminal-transfers-shuttle.php

How far in advance do you have to purchase tickets? I would say up to day before, depending on availability:

http://www.mayair.com.mx/

(Do a google search for "cancun airport shuttle between terminals" for more info)

Edited: 28 October 2017, 23:47
Reply to: Maya Air ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted