We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minuteish trip...

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
40 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Last minuteish trip...

Hello!!

We are seasoned Cozumel/Mexico travelers but have never been during October. We know it's a bit of 'down time'...which is ok with us. Will downtown still be open? We have a property in Isla Murjeres and are choosing to not travel there specifically because all of our favorite places choose to close for a much deserved vacation.

Tia!!

9 replies to this topic
Arlington WA
Level Contributor
3,784 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minuteish trip...

Cozumel is closed for the month of October. ;)

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
40 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minuteish trip...

Argh. Not worth traveling then? We are only looking for RNR...nothing crazy...

Texas
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minuteish trip...

He's kidding...as long as the cruise ships and divers keep coming, the island will be open for you to enjoy. There's a few restaurants that might close for a few weeks or more but it's hardly noticeable. I've really had great visits in October. Beware the weather...buy trip insurance.

Arlington WA
Level Contributor
3,784 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last minuteish trip...

jeno111: lo siento, I was kidding. Coz will be open for you and like mdp1915 says, a few will be closed but our favs have always been open. We used to go late Oct - Nov every year and it was great. Now we only go in the spring because of the weather where we live and our animal situations Have fun and let us know how it goes!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
40 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last minuteish trip...

Ha, I thought so when I re-read the reply. Isla was so different than Coz, and now it's not, so I was taking it to heart.

Most definitely on the trip insurance. Best investment!!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
40 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Last minuteish trip...

I thought so:-) I really need this time away and was taking it too seriously. Bahahaha!

Thanks for having some fun with me!!

Arlington WA
Level Contributor
3,784 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Last minuteish trip...

Gracias jeno for being a good sport. Have a wonderful time. hard to miss on that island. sam y wendy

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Last minuteish trip...

Bucannos After Dark is closed for low season, but there numerous great restaurants to fill the gap that are always open.

bemidji minnesota
Level Contributor
7,486 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Last minuteish trip...

I'll stay in your place on Isla.

Reply to: Last minuteish trip...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted