We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best PADI shop for completing Open Water certfication

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Best PADI shop for completing Open Water certfication

Hi, my boyfriend has done the in class portion of his class & needs to do the open water portion so we are going to Cozumel for this in mid-November. Any recommendations on shops? I am overwhelmed by the choices! I am already certified & will just be doing some fun dives while he finishes up his certification.

14 replies to this topic
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,534 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best PADI shop for completing Open Water certfication

This is just my opinion but when recommending any business to someone it's because I have either heard good things or have experienced good things. A good business is run well & has a good staff. Relying on freelancers gets things done but in my mind that's not the same as being a staff member & doesn't guarantee who a referred customer would actually end up dealing with.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,534 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best PADI shop for completing Open Water certfication

I've been surfing ScubaTony's web site & Facebook group & it doesn't look like he sold the business but has taken on business partners (which he did before but didn't work out when they decided to move back to Texas). From what I see the staff is the same as in recent years PLUS Ruben (a reputable instructor that was with DWM) has joined the team.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,641 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Best PADI shop for completing Open Water certfication

Ruben is excellent, dove with him many times.

Dove with the new DWM instructor in July, he was doing an OW with 2 people. Arturo is his name, and he was every bit as good. VERY thorough, I was sitting with them while he was giving instructions. Highly recommend!

Doing a Discover Dive with my daughter in law this month. Will go with Arturo and DWM!

14. Re: Best PADI shop for completing Open Water certfication

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2017, 08:53

Reply to: Best PADI shop for completing Open Water certfication
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted