We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Cozumel access to Iberostar Quetzal

I was wondering if we would have access to Iberostar Quetzal if we are staying at the Iberostar Cozumel? We want to take the ferry to Playa and thought it would nice to spend a few hours at that Iberostar, would we be able to eat and drink there? Does anyone know?

Thanks.

10 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
1,016 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Cozumel access to Iberostar Quetzal

I seem to remember recipricol privileges between the resorts, though I never took advantage of it.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Cozumel access to Iberostar Quetzal

There is some crossover I'm pretty sure if you look on there website it explains it. But with travel all that way to sit at a resort. Explore playa and find a little beach bar. Have some authentic food.

3. Re: Iberostar Cozumel access to Iberostar Quetzal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 October 2017, 10:05

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,284 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Cozumel access to Iberostar Quetzal

If that's what they want to do, that's great. It's their vacation. Not sure why the grief.

Sorry OP but I don't have an answer for you but I do like the suggestion to check out their website. Maybe you could even write to them with your question.

Chico, California
Level Contributor
77 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Cozumel access to Iberostar Quetzal

Yes, we did it a few years ago.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Cozumel access to Iberostar Quetzal

Thanks for the responses. We've been to Fifth Ave a few times so I was just thinking of other inexpensive ways of checking things out. We will be making a full day trip out of this so Fifth Ave is definitely in the plans.

Edited: 22 October 2017, 13:11
Texas
Level Contributor
1,775 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Cozumel access to Iberostar Quetzal

Lisette there's a review on the Cozumel Iberostar from someday who did this. It's entitled "One Day Visit".

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
7,415 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar Cozumel access to Iberostar Quetzal

We stay at the Tucan/Quetzal and we did the reverse while we were driving Cozumel and we spent a couple hours at the Iberostar Coz. The Tucan/Quetzal is a nicer property on a nicer beach in oir opinion, and I think it’s worth a visit, especially since you’ve already experienced Playa.

Enjoy your day!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar Cozumel access to Iberostar Quetzal

Thank you!

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
7,415 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberostar Cozumel access to Iberostar Quetzal

Not sure if you are interested in a fun spot or maybe you've already been - But Karen's restaurant on 5th between Calle 2 & 4 is a great place to grab a bar swing and a drink or a bite and watch the house comic play tricks on fellow guests and passers by. His name escapes me right now but he is always funny and worth seeing. But he usually starts at 7PM so may be too late for you. If you are there earlier the house band is one of the best we've heard in Playa.

Reply to: Iberostar Cozumel access to Iberostar Quetzal
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted