We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Arizona City...
Level Contributor
353 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Residencias Reef- feedback and unit recommendation please☺

We are coming next June for 4 nights. I think we've narrowed it down to Residencias Reef. I've read many positive reviews. Only negative I've read is loud music from the neighboring resort.

Just looking for feedback on that, and any units that would be ones to avoid or ones that you would recommend.

Thank you!

12 replies to this topic
Lk Stevens Wa
Level Contributor
667 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Residencias Reef- feedback and unit recommendation please☺

Have stayed at a couple different units. I try to get the building close to the water. Never noticed party noise...but then again, we tend to go off or slow season. It's a nice place. It's a bit out of town so you have to plan food and transportation accordingly. Great area for catching the dive boat.

Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Residencias Reef- feedback and unit recommendation please☺

My family and friends of ours stayed in 5200 back in mid April. I can't really complain about anything about the unit. You can use Google Maps and "walk the beach" right in front of the unit. The bath towels had fallen victim to the high iron content in the water, but were clean. This unit is 2nd story on the end, closer to Carlos and Charlie's, not the resort. While we were there, the music from the resort didn't bother us...we bought our own music while in the pool. We like the noise and music to be at "fun levels", but are certainly not frat boys on spring break. The music never bothered us. We looked into booking it again this year, but it was already taken during our week and we now have 2 more families coming with us, so we are doing a villa.

Edited: 23 October 2017, 21:03
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
312 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Residencias Reef- feedback and unit recommendation please☺

Building 1 is pretty much on the beach. Building 2 we really liked. We never heard noise from Secrets, and we spent a lot of evenings on the patio! Building 3 is a bit more pushed back in the corner. The second pool is directly infront of this building, but would have a poorer view if any of tue sea. Building 4 is the largest of all the buildings. Its the only building with a public rooftop. Honestly, if we ever had to stay there again, building 1 (5000’s) or building 2 (6000’s).

Edited: 24 October 2017, 00:39
Ontario
Level Contributor
5,489 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Residencias Reef- feedback and unit recommendation please☺

No idea which unit we had in 2012, but I don't recall any noise issues at all. We were sort of in front of the quiet pool, ground floor. We did hear construction noise from Secrets, but only during the day and presumably it's finished by now.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
312 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Residencias Reef- feedback and unit recommendation please☺

We never heard any noise pretty much at all. We were there over christmas and the entire place was still pretty quiet. There were always beach chairs etc. We were planning on eating our dinners at the beachclubs every night. They are maybe a five minute walk. After our first night, we ended up going to Mega to buy groceries because the beachclubs were crazy expensive! There is a taco stand on the main road infront of RR which made amazing tacos for super cheap. They are open early afternoon, but when they run out, they close. Last year we stayed at the resort next door and saw a little convience store across the street from there, which would have been nice to know of when we were at RR. We also would go into secrets and buy things at their store. Like chips, pop, smokes etc if we ran out of anything. Cab rides to town should run around $20-25 one way. We had someone stock our fridge before we arrived so we didnt have to run back to town right away.

Edited: 24 October 2017, 01:19
Arizona City...
Level Contributor
353 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Residencias Reef- feedback and unit recommendation please☺

Thanks for all of the helpful information! We really are looking for peace and quiet and under $100 a night for the 3 of us, 2 adults and our 6 year old. The amenities and the units are really nice there. I think you've all helped us make up our minds. Thank you!

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Residencias Reef- feedback and unit recommendation please☺

We stayed in 5220 last year in June. Beautiful sunsets and we didn't have any issues with noise. It was a 2 bedroom unit with probably the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. The only downside to that unit was there was no oven. Nothing we couldn't live without. Our friends stayed in 5230 which was a 1 bedroom and they enjoyed it as well. I just booked plane tickets for next June so I need to decide where we are staying. We probably only need a 1 bedroom this year so the search is on.

Saskatoon
Level Contributor
382 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Residencias Reef- feedback and unit recommendation please☺

We stayed in 6320 this March. OMG. Simply amazing. There were four of us and I don't think I saw the other couple the whole time we were there, lol

http://www.cozumelvillas.com/rr6320.html

check out the video

https://player.vimeo.com/video/204780115

Edited: 28 October 2017, 23:54
Napa Valley, CA
Level Contributor
2,049 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Residencias Reef- feedback and unit recommendation please☺

We are at Residencias Reef right now. We are in building 4 unit #8270. It is on the north side of building 4 pretty close to Secrets. Tonight (Saturday) is quiet but Thursday night there was very loud music both on the beach and in the nightclub further back from the beach. All the music could be heard from our unit. I would prefer building 1 or 2 or possibly 3 to avoid this. The unit itself is a one bedroom and is beautiful. The complex is lovely and we will definitely try to stay here again.

Arizona City...
Level Contributor
353 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Residencias Reef- feedback and unit recommendation please☺

Thanks everyone for the responses. We decided to rent a house close to town with a pool. Casa Carlita. Really good price and super charming with great reviews! We still like the idea of staying at Residencias for peace and the beach. We will check it out for our next visit.

Reply to: Residencias Reef- feedback and unit recommendation please☺
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted