We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches and snorkeling

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
317 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches and snorkeling

Three adults are coming to Cozumel in April, 2018. Sooo excited. Mom and 2adult "kids".

We will be staying for 2 weeks around Calle 5 Sur and Avenida 25 Sur. I hope to rent a car from Margarita/ISIS for several days then taxi or bike ride elsewhere.

We know we need the car to go to Punta Sur,, and the east coast, Playa Palancar, Mr Sanchos and, maybe Chankanaab.

Other spots you'd recommend on the coast??? We will taxi to Playa Azul and another day to Buccanos. OR should we just go to just one on the north.

We are pretty easy going and flexible. The only other add on is going to the market and doing cooking school with ? Rosita.

Thank you for your help. I just don't want to have a car for the entire time.

Oh, can you give me a guess how far it might be from the above address to the Plaza (Sunday eve music, ice creams, trying out my well intentioned but abysmal Spanish!)

6 replies to this topic
Branson, Missouri
Level Contributor
136 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches and snorkeling

Your plan sounds good. You could probably do Buccanos and Playa Azul in a day, but they are both nice places, with some decent snorkeling. You will be close to the Market, lots of fun and interesting food and other items there, definitely worth a stop. It's about 7 block from Calle 5 y Ave 25 Sur to the Square.

Branson, Missouri
Level Contributor
136 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches and snorkeling

For a cooking class with a trip to El Mercado, try Josefina's Cocina con Alma cozumelchef.com/services/…

Very enjoyable time.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,772 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches and snorkeling

You'll have a great time! I suggest getting a Mapchick map online...so very helpful and packed w/ info.

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
317 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches and snorkeling

Josephina IS the cooking day! Thank you for the link.

Thanks for letting me know how far to the plaza from our place. I'd feel right silly getting a taxi for a few blocks

Ride.

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
317 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches and snorkeling

Spell check is going to kill me. Josefina con Alma and "ride" is part of the full sentence. Sigh.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,772 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beaches and snorkeling

Get the map and feel confident how far it is to wherever you're going. It also shows the east side and all the beach clubs/bars. It will show the little parking lots around town and offers tidbits of info to make your vacation so much better.

P.S. Your cat is 'adorbs'!

Edited: 29 October 2017, 11:57
Reply to: Beaches and snorkeling
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted