We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip only - ?getting around

qld
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
day trip only - ?getting around

hi; we hope to catch the ferry from PDC to do a day trip to cozumel - 2 adults, 2 kids. As we won't have transport, I am wondering what we do once there, how to get around etc. We are not interested in shopping; more interested in snorkelling, also just relaxing/beach etc. Is there any local transport to a good place, or do we pre-plan a tour, or what?

many thanks, michelle

MinneSNOWta
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day trip only - ?getting around

First of all, I haven't been there yet, but while currently enduring a nasty snowstorm...I am comforted knowing that in 5 days I'l be out of this crap!

I bought the Cozumel map from

http://www.cancunmap.com/cozumel_map.html

and I highly recommend it-well worth every inexpensive penny! Everything from restaurant recommendations to car rental info, beach club advice, etc.

Of course, scouring this forum will give you a great deal of info too (much appreciated folks!) but you will be able to utilize the map to identify locations that are talked about here.

Don't know when you are going but we are also 2 adults 2 kids, non-divers and coz newbies. We are doing the Submarine Atlantis tour on the 18th. I will post a trip report after the 22nd. Detailed!

Mentioned in this post
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day trip only - ?getting around

cw - taxi's are readily available and can take you anywhere.. but my advice is to rent a car and after you get the map wineott recommended you can plan your day accordingly!

$35 a day including insurance for a VW convertible

http://www.islacozumel.net/services/isis/

Georgia
Level Contributor
551 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: day trip only - ?getting around

Hi LinksLady --

We used Isis and were very satisfied with our rental. But please understand that the insurance is not 'full' insurance. There is a deductible.

Search this board for many discussions about rental car insurance.

Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: day trip only - ?getting around

agfox.. yes I am aware of the 10% deductible.. have rented from ISIS many times. Have no need to search these boards... been reading or posting almost every day for too long now LOL!!

Georgia
Level Contributor
551 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: day trip only - ?getting around

Just wanted to make sure others reading our posts understand about the deductible.

By your screen name, I guess you are a golfer. Watching the Masters? We live in a small town West of Augusta. Masters' attendees pretty much take over the restaurants and motels for the week. (OK, that was probably off topic.)

Mentioned in this post
Augusta
Augusta
Georgia
Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: day trip only - ?getting around

YES we love to play and watch golf.. will be couch potatos watching the Masters!!

Okay.. not to hijack the thread either..

re the deductible.. totally understand the post.. I believe it is 10% of the collison damage.. if you do $500 in damage you have to pay $50.. but never have had to find out.. quick.. knock on wood

Georgia
Level Contributor
551 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: day trip only - ?getting around

Knock, knock!

8. Re: day trip only - ?getting around

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 22:16