We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

xcaret info

Michigan City...
Level Contributor
219 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
xcaret info

my parents are taking a cruise in may and they have a stop in cozumel. they are interested in going to xcaret. i keep telling them to stay on cozumel there's so much to do, but... My question is: Is it worth it for xcaret??????

Albany, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
543 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: xcaret info

you might get more answers if you post this in the Playa Del Carmen forum...just a thought. We've been to Xcaret 4 times and just love it. I still don't think I've seen everything! Doubt your folks will be able to stay for the night show, too bad because thats awesome. There are many things to see and do at Xcaret, they won't get bored there that's for sure.

Mentioned in this post
Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Hotel Xcaret Mexico
Hotel Xcaret Mexico
2,290 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Michigan City...
Level Contributor
219 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: xcaret info

thanks for the suggestion. i posted on playa's forum. still appreciate any answers from cozumel!!!

Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: xcaret info

we did that once on a cruise into Cozumel once and it took the whole day. Yes Xcaret is nice but we had to leave and didn't get to see the night show because of the ship leaving.. we did book the tour through the ship and we were the last people to get on before the ship left Cozumel .. personally I wouldn't do that again on a cruise. I would wait and maybe spend a couple of nights on the mainland and spend the whole day at Xcaret. The time you have on a cruise stop is not enough time to really enjoy it. It is beautiful.. but I suggest your parents stay on Cozumel, rent a car and tour the island and eat at some of the beach bars etc.

Mentioned in this post
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Hotel Xcaret Mexico
Hotel Xcaret Mexico
2,290 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
New Jersey
Level Contributor
293 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: xcaret info

Xcaret is a very cool experience but one drawback and its a big one is that if you are on a cruise you miss the nighttime show and thats probably the best thing there. The park is a really good excursion if you are staying in the riviera Maya though .

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Xcaret Mexico
Hotel Xcaret Mexico
2,290 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Riviera Maya
Riviera Maya
Quintana Roo, Mexico
5. Re: xcaret info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 23:18