We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Cabo still safe?

New York
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is Cabo still safe?

I went to Cabo tbis past March when there was tons of news about the drug wars ect...and Cabo ended up being totally safe as long as you were aware of your surroundings. Is it still safe? Things have seemed to get worse in terms of US travel to Mexico and the warnings arent coming to a hault. Does anyone know is Cabo is affected?

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Mexico
Mexico
North America
New York
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Is Cabo still safe?

Thanks all...and yes I am not reffering to the swine flu..im talking about the drug wars and things of that nature. There were warnings in March when I went to Cabo and felt safe there too (except when we walked to an ATM a couple times blocks from the RIU Palace..that was sketchy!)

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas
Hotel Riu Palace Cabo...
7,322 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
495 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Is Cabo still safe?

A New Yorker concerned about safety.........in Cabo?

I lived in NYC......that is scary!!!! Cabo is a breeze.

No worries at all if you follow these simple rules:

1. Don't buy drugs. People involved with drugs tend to have bad things happen.

2. You are a guest. Act like it. Pretend you are having a sleepover at your strict Aunt's house. Sneek out to have a couple of drinks but behave when you get back.

3. Make friends with the locals and be a good customer. They WILL look out for you.

Have a great trip. I'll be in NYC in less than 2wks. I'm already scared :)

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,507 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Is Cabo still safe?

Chauck1- There were never any drug war issues in Cabo as we have previously stated. You must have been reading about the border towns and other areas far from Cabo. Not sure where you heard or read that there ever was a problem but there wasn't and isn't!

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
14. Re: Is Cabo still safe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2010, 14:22