We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ok, maybe non ai would be ok??

minnesota
Level Contributor
720 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Ok, maybe non ai would be ok??

After reading some posts I am thinking that it may not be necessary to do AI; maybe some better options and can actually save money?

Also, seems like the beach area we want would not host an all inclusive...I will keep reading for your posts.

Thanks again.

New York
Level Contributor
838 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ok, maybe non ai would be ok??

Cabo is not known for AI. Also with all the great restaurants there, you would be better off experiencing them instead of being tied down to your hotel with AI.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas, Alaska
Level Contributor
5,398 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ok, maybe non ai would be ok??

from one 50-ish MNperson to another...:) Skip the AI, like you've read, tons of great places to eat in Cabo. And if you're willing to use some vochers, travel a little ways off the beaten path, or just brave the taco stands you can eat very reasonably. Have a blast, nice to get away from our "hot" summer weather, eh?

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Portland Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Ok, maybe non ai would be ok??

Cut and paste this url , it will show you the best of the hotels on Medano Beach (only swimming beach) The other choice would be Marina Fiesta Hotel on the inner harbor, but only a 5 minute walk to Medano Beach

wikimapia.org/…9

Mentioned in this post
Medano Beach
Medano Beach
3,792 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa
Marina Fiesta Resort...
3,411 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Portland Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Ok, maybe non ai would be ok??

Don't cut and paste , just click on it!!!!!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
3,309 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ok, maybe non ai would be ok??

Glad to hear you re-think you choice. plenty of hotel choices on Medano beach or Pacific side. Visit loscabosguide.com and check their restaurant vouchers out. They are a great savings. There are also other restaurants away from the tourist strip that a good values.

Mentioned in this post
Medano Beach
Medano Beach
3,792 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Seattle
Level Contributor
50,126 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ok, maybe non ai would be ok??

Especially IF your hotel room has at least a small frig in the rooms, (to stock your own beverages) I think there's no need for AI in Cabo, IF you stay either on Medano Beach or around the Pacific tip side (which are the hotels and resorts close to the downtown area).

I was extremely impressed with the quality of the food/restaurants at reasonable prices on my first trip earlier this year.

Granted, I went in 'armed' with Trappers list, maps, plus asked a few restaurant questions myself on this forum. I truly did not have a bad meal in Cabo, and several outstanding/memorable ones.

-suze

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Medano Beach
Medano Beach
3,792 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
333 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ok, maybe non ai would be ok??

I guess it depends. I like to go AI for the convenience factor. Food is readily there and no surprising alochol bills at the end of my trip. I've been to Mexico twice and have yet to find Mexican food that is "to die for" vs. what I can get back in California.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
California
California
United States
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
3,309 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ok, maybe non ai would be ok??

Since a lot of the properties are timeshares you can byob and avoid the surprise bar tab.

9. Re: Ok, maybe non ai would be ok??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2010, 15:18