We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wave activity warning for August 2 and 3

cabo
Level Contributor
3,830 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Wave activity warning for August 2 and 3

The government has issued a warning for potential strong wave activity in southern baja for today and tomorrow (August 2 and 3).

There is a phenomenon called "mar profundo", which is a deep ocean current coming to the surface, causing extremely high wave activity. It is the same phenomenon that just occured in Acapulco recently, causing huge waves and flooding. 6 people drowned in that area.

Supposedly, red flags are being posted on all beaches in the Los Cabos areas, including Medano Beach.

This is according to La Tribuna newspaper this morning. Again, the warning is for today, Sunday August 2, and tomorrow, August 3. They are advising extreme caution

Mentioned in this post
Acapulco
Acapulco
Guerrero, Mexico
Los Cabos
Los Cabos
Baja California Sur, Mexico
Medano Beach
Medano Beach
3,744 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas, Alaska
Level Contributor
5,353 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wave activity warning for August 2 and 3

wow...thats one I've never heard of! Thanks for the heads-up, I just wish I was down there to heed it:)

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
17,026 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wave activity warning for August 2 and 3

Seems intense. The Ocean can be dangerous without this extra activity.TacCabo will have to put extra swimmies on his Hot dog.

cabo
Level Contributor
3,830 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Wave activity warning for August 2 and 3

I´ll be at Tabasco´s tomorrow so I´ll check out the surf action. Rocky, even on a good day Tibber won´t go near the water, probably something he learned growing up in Alaska

4. Re: Wave activity warning for August 2 and 3

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2010, 15:16