We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beautiful beach that is swimable

Greenwich...
Level Contributor
202 posts
242 reviews
Save Topic
Beautiful beach that is swimable

Planning a trip to Cabo the week of Thanksgiving with my husband. We were thinking of 3 resort, ME, Villa del Arco Beach Resort, or Villa La Estancia. We do like to eat, drink, and go into town. Any suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas
Villa del Arco Beach...
3,003 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos
Villa La Estancia Beach...
1,854 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Crofton, Maryland
Level Contributor
261 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beautiful beach that is swimable

DBeth,

My Husband and I were in Cabo in June and we stayed at ME Cabo we loved our stay. There are more adults at the resort with an exception of a couple of kids. We loved Cabo so much that we are returning Thanksgiving weekend - Hope to see you there :)

Shina

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
ME Cabo by Melia
ME Cabo by Melia
1,533 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,507 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beautiful beach that is swimable

All three of the those resorts are on the only swimmable beach in Cabo. The ME is dead center in the middle of the beach. The main complaints seem to be from people who do not like techno/house music blaring all day long from both the pool area and the onsite niteclub.

Both of the Villa properties are at the far end of Medano beach and would be a longer walk into town.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Medano Beach
Medano Beach
3,795 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Chester, Illinois
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Beautiful beach that is swimable

We stayed at the Melia Cabo Real several years ago. It is smack in the middle of the corridor between SJDC and CSL. The beach is beautiful with all the waves crashing into the rocks, I could (and did) stare for hours. There is a protected area that is very swimmable. The water is ice cold though, and that was in June or July. They offer both an all-inclusive and non-inclusive. We really enjoyed the resort.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
New York
Level Contributor
838 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beautiful beach that is swimable

I have stayed at VDA twice, I love it there, it is very nice. Its within walking distance of town, not as close as ME though. The beach is alot less hectic at VDA then some of the places closer to the marina. The beach closer to the marina is smaller and there are alot more people down there in addition to the jet-skiers, etc.

Food at VDA is pretty good, but I recommend going into town for dinner. We usually eat the 1st night at VDA as we are tired from the trip, then in town or places on the beach for dinner.

VDE is a sister property of VDA, right next door. Dont know much about it accept it is more luxurious then VDA.

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
17,399 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beautiful beach that is swimable

The resorts you mentioned are totally diferent. The Me has the best location for walking to the Marina and town. The younger crowd (20-35)seems happy there.

Villa Del Arco is new and more family oriented. It is a bit of a walk to the Marina and town. Its a nice place.

Villa La Estancia is privately owned condos and is right next to Villa Del Arco. The Estancia is more upscale than the Villa Del Arco. If you stay at Estancia you have access to the pools of both the Villa Del Arco and the Villa Del Palmar (on the other side of Estancia). Villa Del Palmar has a cool waterslide shaped like a killer whale.The kids love it.

The Casa Dorada at Medano Beach is a new place everyone seems to like. Its a good location next to ME. Playa Grande is also a great location near the Marina and town.

The water on thanksgiving week should be nice and warm. and the whales should start to come in then. Its a great time to be in Cabo

Mentioned in this post
Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas
Villa del Arco Beach...
3,003 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos
Villa La Estancia Beach...
1,854 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos
Villa del Palmar Beach...
5,721 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa
Casa Dorada Los Cabos...
2,178 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Medano Beach
Medano Beach
3,795 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Playa Grande Resort
Playa Grande Resort
4,350 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Seattle
Level Contributor
50,126 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beautiful beach that is swimable

I'm no expert on specific resorts (though I did walk thru ME property one day when I was lost!)... but you definitely want Medano Beach.

Mentioned in this post
Medano Beach
Medano Beach
3,795 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
7. Re: Beautiful beach that is swimable

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2010, 15:18