We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swim up suite at the Barcelo

california
Level Contributor
211 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Swim up suite at the Barcelo

I was told that these rooms have a bigger mini bar area and that room service is free. Is this true.

Harrison Mills...
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Swim up suite at the Barcelo

We are heading to the Barcelo April 4th and are booked in a swim up suite. I had similar questions as to best sun location etc and relied on some people from here to help...people who have been there. The best sun exposure is near the adult pool. The suites on the main side facing the central pools are apparently very noisy, with the bulk of the people walking by. You would get the sunrise as they face East but lose your sun early. I sent an email to the Barcelo requesting our suite nearest the end on the adult pool side and they emailed me back with a list of Club Premium inclusions when you have booked a swim-up suite including free room service, use of vip lounge with appies and premium drinks, unlimited dinner reservations, pool towels in room, private check in, private concierge, late check-out (2 PM), 20% discount at the spa, etc. I guess you get what you pay for!! As far as the mini-bar being bigger, they listed it as a vip mini-bar (whatever that means) lol! They also mention premium ammenities in the room and from peoples' comments on tripadvisor they include way more than just shampoo and conditioner...like shaving cream, razor, toothpaste and I can't remember what else.

california
Level Contributor
211 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swim up suite at the Barcelo

Thanks for the info. Enjoy your stay. I look forward to your review.

canada
Level Contributor
532 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Swim up suite at the Barcelo

Interesting facts... I asked around on here a bit ago about upgrading to club premium and was told not to bother as it ws not worth the extra money, From my understanding for premium liquors if you see it and ask for it you willg et it , but as a rule they wont give it to you unless you ask while ordering.. I have experienced this from most resorts, airlines and travel companies are funny they all have a little this and a little that tot ry and make there package look better then the others, for instance Air Canada Privalge package has the extra towels the cremes this and that late check out early check in and so on seperate chekc in line (Sure whatever :) ), But at the end of the day the resort always seems to have the last say and i find most ppl no matter what package they get are all treated the same... A good salesman will always try and up sell if they can!...

Harrison Mills...
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Swim up suite at the Barcelo

Dear Mr. Cabo,

We chose the swim-up suite so there was no upselling, (the Club Premium comes with the suite) and I shopped around for a great deal and got it. I was very aware as to the prices and sell-offs and ended up using a travel agent out of Las Vegas, who I found out about through family contacts. We are flying out of Vancouver, BC. I am very aware that the basic room is very beautiful and from what I have read you will not be dissappointed, but the inclusions that the Club Premium offer suits our needs as to travel times, wants and needs.

You asked a question in one of your previous posts as to where the best room is. I emailed the hotel directly and they provided me with a resort map. If you did your research like I did you would know where the sun rises and sets and would know what area you should request. A request is only a request, so you don't know if you will get the room you desire until you arrive, and if you hate your room, right away ask to see another.

I just tried to copy and paste the resort map but it won't work....just trying to help.

Mentioned in this post
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
canada
Level Contributor
532 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Swim up suite at the Barcelo

Sarcastic i like it!!

I dont think i ever mention you purchased the premium and if you said you did thats great, what i was saying or tried to say is alot of that stuff they try and sell you is really just a waste of money, if they include it then awesome!!Now i did email the resort to try and figure out rooms and so on but to tell you the truth as soon as i requested an area in the hotel they told me if i wanted a jr Suite deluxe in a certain building it was extra even though jr suties are in all 3 buildings.. If i came off like iw as saying the premium is uselss i did not mean it( what i really was trying to ge t at is if its not included why bother as it really dosent seem to have much upside... Now that i know your going to have all the sun in your swim up room ill just sleep on your deck!!! :)

Edited: 15 March 2011, 13:14
Harrison Mills...
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Swim up suite at the Barcelo

Dear Mr. Sarcastic...lol...I got your sarcasism too!!!

You cannot sleep on our patio because #1 I wouldn;t let you and #2 you will be there before us!! The Club Premium comes with any upgrade, whether it be a swim-up or an ocean front room....so it sucks to be you...lol!!! And the ammenities upgrade only impress women..flat iron for hair, full sized shampoos etc. From my research on the layout of the resort and your party animal type I think you would want to be in building c facing the main pool or perhaps building b facing the main pool depending on whether you want the sunrise or the sunset. Or you could face the kiddies pool from the back of building B..your choice but make sure you write a review when you get back.

canada
Level Contributor
532 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Swim up suite at the Barcelo

you wouldnt let me!!! not nice at all.. I would of let you sleep in the slumb section of the reort with me! We could even make a hot iron with like 2 palm leaves and a popbottle with the sun heating it up! Hey wait a minute what makes you think im a party animal! :P

I will make sure i do a review when i return.

Harrison Mills...
14 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Swim up suite at the Barcelo

LOL!! Make sure you try the flat iron and let me know if it's any good!! Have a great trip!

Level Contributor
15 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Swim up suite at the Barcelo

Hi, I just read your comments on the forum and have a question. We are in the process of booking the Barcelo and will be flying out of Vancouver as well, What was the name of the travel agent you found that provided you the great deal on the swim up suite? We are considering a junior suite with the Prestige Class upgrade. What is the difference between prestige class and club premium? We plan on being at the Barcelo on the 11th, so will just miss you, but would love to hear your review and please let me know where you got your great deal.

Many thanks,

M.

Mentioned in this post
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Harrison Mills...
14 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Swim up suite at the Barcelo

Happy to help. Contact Roxane Lawson @ 1-866-551-0159 or email her @ roxane@isellthesun.com. She gave us several options and has been very helpful. I am not sure if there is a difference between prestige class or club premium...it may just be that different tour operators call it different things. In our case, we are with Air Transat and they refer to it as club premium.