We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koh Kong to Sihanoukville

Level Contributor
34 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Koh Kong to Sihanoukville

Hi - we enter Cambodia next weekend from Thailand over the land border (visas, transportation and KK accommodation all sorted)

We will be spending 2 nights in Koh Kong as we have heard there isn’t much to do there

We are looking for advice as to places to see or stop at following on from KK. Our plan is to travel to Sihanoukville and spend a few days on the beach there before going over to Koh Rong island however I am not sure if we will miss any really nice places on the way.

We are middle aged travellers so are not looking at going trekking for days, we like good accommodation (air con, en suite) with a budget of about £20 (GBP) per night for accommodation.

We have already previously spent 2 months in Cambodia so have done PP, Siem Reap, Battambang, Kep, Kampot so don’t really want to be going back to those areas.

Any advice or ideas will be welcome (we don’t do motorbikes btw)

Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
32 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Koh Kong to Sihanoukville

Not so much to see on the way to Sihanoukville.

Level Contributor
34 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Koh Kong to Sihanoukville

Thank you - that is what I thought :)

puerto princesa
Level Contributor
6,828 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Koh Kong to Sihanoukville

I did not enjoy Koh Kong very much, many old expats hanging out there. The trip to Sihanoukville is quite nice but nowhere in particular to stop at.

I was in Cambodia in 2007 and again this year . I can thoroughly recommend Sen Monorom in the hilly area. the town is like a big village and easy to walk around.

Other place i enjoyed this time around would be Kratie and Kampong Cham

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Koh Kong to Sihanoukville

Hi Katjlyn, when are you travelling? We are currently looking at the same but missing Sihounikville as we only lasted one night there a few years ago, but that was more than likely due to our poor choice of hotel! Queenco at Palm Beach, DON'T book there!

We are travelling opposite direction to you, from Kampot to Koh Kong but had heard the drive was quite interesting? And we are looking forward to a bit of down time in KK, checking out Tatai Waterfall and the tour company Koh Kong Wonders as we too are not really into Trekking through jungle for days! ;)

We should be there around 16th to 19th November this year so would be interested in what you think or happy to let you know how we get on.

cheers, baddles

Reply to: Koh Kong to Sihanoukville
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Koh Kong