We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surfing in Cambodia

Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Surfing in Cambodia

Hi

I've read u can surf at bamboo island in the rainy season, does any 1 know if this is true? Is there any board rental available?

Any info much appreciated

Kampot, Cambodia
Level Contributor
430 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surfing in Cambodia

Yes its true. Also occasionally at Otres beach and even more rarely at Occheuteal beach. Don't expect anything other then wind chop though and I've only seen short board rideable surf twice. NO board rentals or surf shops, So bring your mini mal and wax with you. Also, be prepared to wait for a month or more to encounter the odd wave.

Although the water sports shop near Victory Hill had a couple of magnificent timber laminate boards for sale the last time I was in there ( the sort you hang on your wall though rather then actually ride).

Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Surfing in Cambodia

Cheers for the info, don't think I'll bother bringing a board, sounds like u know the area well, where would u recommend for a few days chilling on the beach , with a little bit of life

Thanks for any help

Kampot, Cambodia
Level Contributor
430 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Surfing in Cambodia

Otres for a little bit of life, Occheuteal for more! I chose Occheuteal, but that is just my opinion mate!

4. Re: Surfing in Cambodia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2018, 20:19
Get answers to your questions about Koh Kong