We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cold here

Manitoba
Level Contributor
97 posts
2 reviews
Cold here

19 days till we leave for Ixtapa Mexico...we can't wait.

We don't mind the cold, but it is -30 Celcius here right now with a wind chill factor of -45 Celcius. Even for us.........thats cold.

The only thing I want cold is a cervesa while sitting on the hot beach.

I just hope we don't crack when we get back..lol.

Anyone else feeling the same way? Brrrrrrrr..

Bear.

Milford,Ontario
Level Contributor
23 posts
1. Re: Cold here

I hear Bear.

We leave for Ixtapa on Jan 14 from Toronto.It's cold here but not even close to what you've got,I think about minus 5 today.I'm so tired of the snow already this year that the heat will feel great.

Try to stay warm...

Manitoba
Level Contributor
97 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Cold here

Hi there Anyold.

-5? That would be t-shirt and BBQ weather here for us..lol.

Enjoy your trip and let us know how it goes when you get back. We would love to hear all about it.

Have fun and take care.

Bear

Brantford, Canada
Destination Expert
for Varadero
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
36 reviews
3. Re: Cold here

We leave on the 17th ,staying at the Fontan.Only -9 here (Brantford)32 in Ixtapa.Where are you staying ?

cold cervasas mmmmmmmm

alberta
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: Cold here

we are also tired of -38 in edmonton we leave Jan 17th ....

Manitoba
Level Contributor
97 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Cold here

Dave K, we're staying at the Park Royal. We have been checking it out and love the reviews with the majority of them being very positive.

Karrose, you guys too have been hit with the really cold weather.. all that snow and wind we get comes from the west. Parts of Saskatchewan were in the -40's this morning with windchills near -50. Hope it ends soon.

After this.. nothing will feel better then a week soaked in the Mexican sun, lightly coated with fresh ocean salt water in our pores and then rinsed out with cold cervesas and a relaxing sweat.

Bear.

Brantford, Canada
Destination Expert
for Varadero
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
36 reviews
6. Re: Cold here

Manitobabear123: Beer Planet across the street in the mall/market has $1.00 beers,worth a visit.

Manitoba
Level Contributor
97 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Cold here

Thanks for the tip.. I will definitely check that out.

Bear.

Orland Park...
Level Contributor
751 posts
30 reviews
8. Re: Cold here

I guess it is pretty warm here then compared to you guys. I think this weekend again we are suppose to be in teens and negatives with the wind chills. So sick of winter already. Your plan ManitobaBear123 sounds like mine but we don't leave till 2/15 by then I will be sooo ready.

But one of the couples that we are going with said the winter started so early that who knows it my be in the 60's here by then!

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,970 posts
9. Re: Cold here

HOT here and gentle breezes with BRIGHT sunshine...and be careful around the Beer Planet later in the evening...not the best place to be drinking and hanging around...

Calgary, AB Canada
Level Contributor
129 posts
20 reviews
10. Re: Cold here

Travel Judy,

Why do you say is it not good to hang around at the Beer Planet? We are not at an all inclusive and I was thinking it sounded like an okay place to spend a few evenings.

Inquiring minds want to know...

Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa
Recent Conversations