We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EDSS private cocktails

Toronto
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
EDSS private cocktails

Hey all,

Well, I had asked input from some of you regarding where my hubby-to-be and I can have our first dance after getting married at the EDSS this November. After hearing what people had to say I decided to book a private cocktail, at $30 a head!

My wedding coordinator is now telling me that I can not use my own ipod docking station for music at the cocktail party, that I must rent theirs.....for the low low price of $250. Is she serious?!? My own ipod dock cost me less than that, and I while I realize I'm kind of at their mercy here, I hate that I feel taken advantage of.

Toronto
Level Contributor
165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EDSS private cocktails

Is the weeding coordinator an employee of EDSS? How the hell can they charge you $250 to rent a docking station? Maybe they mean a DJ?

PS, when are you getting married? We'll be there Nov 17th.

home
Level Contributor
120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EDSS private cocktails

thats not part of the wedding package?

Toronto
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EDSS private cocktails

Hey thanks for your replies!!

Garcia1968 - I know right!?!? Doesn't that sound ridiculous? If it were for a DJ I would understand the fee, but no, it IS just for a docking station. The wedding coordinator that I'm emailing with right now works for Lomas Travel. When I arrive at the hotel we will have a different wedding coordintor, one employed by the hotel.

rshan15 - no...unfortunately it's not part of the wedding package. Neither is the cocktail party...which, is a bit crazy...paying for food & drinks at an all-inclusive, just for the luxery of having a couple of hours with my family & friends, and, I had hoped, a private area to have my first dance with my hubby. It looks now like I may be randomly dancing on the beach ;) Cause there's no way I'm paying that much to rent a docking station.

Oh, and Garcia1968 - I'm there from the 8th - 22nd, so perhaps I'll run into you! I'll be the one with the googly newlywed smile on my face :)

Mentioned in this post
Lomas Travel
Lomas Travel
1,333 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Regina
Level Contributor
153 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: EDSS private cocktails

Hi Chelleybelle,

I am sure I saw the ipod docking station at $150 on the lomas travel page... yikes.. they kinda have you over a barrel..

who are you dealing with? I've been talking to Carolina... also.. FYI.. I contacted the photographers directly... and got a smaller package (and price) from the mexican wedding photographer...

let me know how all your decisions go, as I will have to have all mine in place for Jan 6th... I do think I am gonna skip out on lots of the details.. (flowers and such.. gonna see if I can smuggle them in from playa myself... $25 for a boutneer? a little pricey... then $50 for a bouquet (so cheap!) it doesn't make sense...

all the best, it'll be beautiful!! congrats!

toronto
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: EDSS private cocktails

my girl and i are getting married January 8th 2009 at EDSS, and i believe for a PA system its $250, and that includes a hookup for your ipod, a mic, speakers, plus the power to run all of the stuff, and setup...i dudno think it was too much to ask....

in all honesty we went all out on stuff...for a weding of this caliber around Toronto, i would be paying at least 3-4 times what i am paying there...

i cant wait..we leave in under 2 weeks!!

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
6. Re: EDSS private cocktails

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 11:18