We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aventura Spa Palace - Just Back on Friday...any questions?

Arlington, TX
Level Contributor
114 posts
30 reviews
Aventura Spa Palace - Just Back on Friday...any questions?

My wife and I just returned from ASP on Friday from our 7th trip to ASP and am willing to answer any questions that anyone my have.

Fire away!

31. Re: Aventura Spa Palace - Just Back on Friday...any questions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 December 2008, 10:21
baltimore
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
32. Re: Aventura Spa Palace - Just Back on Friday...any questions?

I am going to ASP in 14 days --- can't wait -- there will be 6 of us. I have been to the Cancun area, but never farther south than Moon Palace. We don't want to spend the whole trip on the road so we are trying to pick our trips off the resort carefully ( not easy with 6 opinions!) We are looking at Tulum trip, Coba, the spider monkey preserve and a possible day trip to Cozumel and Chankanaab. I would welcome any help on what would be the best ones to hit on this trip. We are memebers so we can save some for another time, but it isn't clear to me the distances between places and ASP or the closest Palace to some. I know we can stop in at the Cozumel Palace on our way to Chankanaab if the timeing works out. I have one experienced snorkeler, 4 novices and a scuba diver to consider ( the diver will probably go off on his own while we are doing other things).

Also -- any divers who can point me in the direction of a reputable company that is not to difficult to get to would be great. My husband is looking for an ocean dive, a night dive and a Cenotes dive in the course of our 7 days.

Thanks

Arlington, TX
Level Contributor
114 posts
30 reviews
33. Re: Aventura Spa Palace - Just Back on Friday...any questions?

Tulum and Coba are very close to ASP and are worth doing as trips.

If you only picked one I would suggest Tulum b/c it is more strikingly beautiful and is a tiny bit shorter.

Coba on the other hand is also unique in that the ruins are more 'raw' and have a more archeological feel to them.

You would want to do these trips if you are staying at Playacar Palace or ASP as they are a long way from Cancun.

Have not done the others that you mentioned.

Delaware
Level Contributor
349 posts
44 reviews
34. Re: Aventura Spa Palace - Just Back on Friday...any questions?

janmcd,

Tulum is a must see. It's not far from ASP, so you don't spend all day traveling.

One of the fun things we like to do, is leave ASP early, around 7AM, take a taxi to PDC, have breakfast at Playcar Palace, then take the ferry to Cozumel. We've use www.chachachadiveshop.com, he has always been more than accommodating. He takes both snorkelers and divers out. You can check out prices etc. on the website. He would probably take all six of you on the same boat. After we were finished, he took the boat to the pier at the Cozumel Palace, where he dropped us off. We had a bite to eat and some drinks before taking the ferry back to PDC. It's a fun day. We were back at ASP by dinner. As far as the night dive, cenotes, etc. you probably could check with the concierge for ideas.

I would like to hear more about the monkey preserve you mentioned. I would appreciate it if you could PM me the details.

We'll all be looking forward to your report on what's going on at ASP.

Have a great vacation!

AQ

Northern California
Level Contributor
626 posts
2 reviews
35. Re: Aventura Spa Palace - Just Back on Friday...any questions?

Aventuraqueen,

Look for The Jungle Place on the PDC forum or go to www.thejungleplace.com to see about the monkeys.

LTP

Delaware
Level Contributor
349 posts
44 reviews
36. Re: Aventura Spa Palace - Just Back on Friday...any questions?

Thanks LTP!

baltimore
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
37. Re: Aventura Spa Palace - Just Back on Friday...any questions?

Thanks aventuraqueen -- We stayed at Cozumel Palace last February and my husband (the diver) had some great dives. We were thinking about taking the ferry one day so our grown "kids" could see the island and go to Chankanaab to snorkel right off the beach. We were lucky and got the last reservation for our week for the jungle place -- it looks wonderful and we will report back when we get home --- 13 days and counting!!!

Delaware
Level Contributor
349 posts
44 reviews
38. Re: Aventura Spa Palace - Just Back on Friday...any questions?

janmcd,

I'm jealous! Wish we were going. It's really cold here. Brrrr!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

MN
Level Contributor
54 posts
4 reviews
39. Re: Aventura Spa Palace - Just Back on Friday...any questions?

I have done a lot of snorkeling (grand cayman, cozumel, bahamas, cabo san lucas, to name a few) and LOVED the trip that we did on Dec 12th of this year... I would highly suggest taking a day trip to akumal. It is just 20-25 minutes south of ASP. About $25 for a cab ride. We snorkeled in both Akumal Bay (with the sea turtles) and Yal Ku Lagoon (just a 5 minute drive from Akumal bay). Both were fantastic! The best snorkeling I have done as far as color/variety of fish, calm water, non-busy, etc. There are some very reputable dive shops in akumal too that can help with equipment, etc.

We also snorkeled at Dos Ojos cenote. Again... AMAZING! I was very envious of the divers that I could see 40 feet below me.

We did all of this in one day through "Edventures." tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g150813-d1…

(we also had Edventures take us ziplining that day!)

Our day trip with Edventures was not only our best day of our trip, but probably our best vacation day ever.

40. Re: Aventura Spa Palace - Just Back on Friday...any questions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 13:18