We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Living and working in Colima

Cirencester UK
4 posts
Living and working in Colima

We currently live in the UK and are considering moving to Mexico, in particular Colima as it sounds like just the place to live and work.

I work in Natural Medicine and practice complementary therapies.

Does anyone know whether this is the best place to live and work.

My husband is in the IT industry and we have 2 children 15 and 12

We would appreciate any feedback, as Queretaro and Xalapa also came up as a choices

Colima, Mexico
2 posts
1. Re: Living and working in Colima

Hi!

Well, I've lived all of my life here and it is an amazing city and the people here is very nice. What I like the most of Colima is that it is the safetiest city of Mexico or one of the most. Sorry if my english sucks but I'm only 14 years old.

Cirencester UK
4 posts
2. Re: Living and working in Colima

Hi back!

It is very nice to hear from you and your English is great. Are you Mexican?

It is good to hear that Colima is one of the safest cities in Mexico.

We are still waiting to hear more replies about my work and so on as I need to be able to work in Colima first before we can move there....thank you for your reply though:)

N. Calif.
Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
3. Re: Living and working in Colima

Take a look at this web site:

http://www.rollybrook.com/

Maybe you should go to Colima and rent a place for 6 - 12 months to see if it will work out.

Good luck,

MY

Cirencester UK
4 posts
4. Re: Living and working in Colima

Hello MY

Thank you very much for the website, it is good to see such detailed information. Just reading it through has made things much clearer.

Yes I also think you are right, about renting for a few months as a tourist to see where you want to be living. Thanks once again

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,508 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: Living and working in Colima

It is not easy to just come to Mexico and start work. The only ways are if you get a transfer from a company or if you invest in your own business.

If you are still considering Queretaro then send me a message because I obviously know that area better and I'm also from the UK (I have never been to Colima!).

Cirencester UK
4 posts
6. Re: Living and working in Colima

Hello Steve,

Thank you for your email. Yes Queretaro would still be on my list.

After doing the research I did find out that it was important to find either an employer or start a business myself.

Any information on the approach to complimentary therapies in Queretaro would be great to hear..ie is it popular there...what sort of people would use complimentary therapies..my field is in Ayurvedic Nutrition, Biofeedback, Bowen Therapy and Raindrop Technique using Young Living Essential Oils.

The other information which would be great is the IT/Telecommunicatons industry....as my husband is in that field as well. He is quite busy at the moment in the UK. And we have two children 15 and 13.

How long have you been in Queretaro? And what made you choose that area?

N. Calif.
Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
7. Re: Living and working in Colima

Quantum: How do your kids feel about moving?? You should include them in the decision. If they are unhappy with living in Mexico, you time there could be miserable. 15 & 13 is a hard time for them to leave their friends, school etc and start anew.

Just my observation as a mom.

MY

Colima, Mexico
2 posts
8. Re: Living and working in Colima

Thank you very much :) and yes, I'm mexican...

Alright, no problem...if you need to know something about Mexico or Colima, I'll be glad to help :D Just let me know.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
9. Re: Living and working in Colima

One thing I might suggest is to take a tour (once you arrive of course) from one of the many tour guides who specialize in things Colima. My wife, son and I spent a few days in Colima City this past Feb. and took a tour that focused on the Volcano and environs. Our guide was Florencio Quiroz: Phone: 312.314.0896. Email: faq2_1@hotmail.com. Florencio picked us up at our hotel, spent about 5 hours with us on a tour that included a trip near the volcano, a tour of a coffee factory, a rugged hike though the local forest and a beautiful sub-alpine lake. We ended up in Comala, where he bought us lunch and drinks. He is a gentleman and very knowledgeable and I highly recommend his services. He will tailor the tour to your needs and interests.

10. Re: Living and working in Colima

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 03:17
Get answers to your questions about Colima