We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mohe and harbin in August

Kuala Lumpur...
8 posts
Save Topic
mohe and harbin in August

We plan to tour Mohe and Harbin Aug 24 to 30, 2012. Need advice on clothing as we heard that there will be lots of rain and very big temperature range day and night. Our tour mostly to National Park and forest. Wonder any difficulty finding local restaurant as we plan to experience local food on our own.

Mentioned in this post
Harbin
Harbin
Heilongjiang, China
4 replies to this topic
Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,309 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mohe and harbin in August

Hi,

I can't help you much but this link gives an idea of the temperatures you can expect in Harbin:

www.travelchinaguide.com/climate/harbin.htm

Mentioned in this post
Harbin
Harbin
Heilongjiang, China
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mohe and harbin in August

Hi,

Did you go to Mohe as mentioned in your post above?

I am heading to Heilongjiang in September and was wondering if it is worth the trip all the way to Mohe... How interesting is it, and how long must one spend there to have a good idea of the place?

Thank you in advance for any answer.

Kuala Lumpur...
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: mohe and harbin in August

Hi MaxTwax.

We didn't make the trip in August as it would have lots of rain. We may go in October but not confirmed yet.

If you do decide to visit Mohe, appreciate your useful tips and update then.

Thanks.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mohe and harbin in August

Hi there,

Got back from Manchuria.

Went to Mohe: absolutely loved it. Not for everyone. Small city, one market street and one restaurant alley (found a delicious noodle place). Loved the northern vibe. Walked around an unpaved, hutong-ish residential area on the eastern side of town (I think). Very authentic. Everything can be seen in a day.

Beijicun (day 2) was interesting but it is turning into another disneylandified place, with hotel construction everywhere. Too bad for the nice family guesthouses. Drank some weird bai jiu.

We went by plane. Not sure I would have taken the 20 hour train though... Maybe.

It was around September 20. A bit of rain. A bit chilly. Probably gets much colder quickly.

Hope this helps.

Reply to: mohe and harbin in August
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mohe County
Recent Conversations