We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any experience of using Discountcar at Edmonton Airport?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
23 reviews
Any experience of using Discountcar at Edmonton Airport?

Hi.

Has anyone used Discountcar car & truck rentals at Edmonton airport? If so, what is your assessment of them?

I am using a third party booking agent here in the UK and the best quotes listed are for this company, however it is not one I am familiar with.

I've looked online and gather they are a large company in Canada but would appreciate a heads up from people that have used them.

I note they pick you up at the airport's 'meet & greet'. How far is their office from the arrivals terminal? / departures when returning the car? Was this a smooth process?

Thanks in Advance.

Eddie

6 replies to this topic
Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
22,022 posts
130 reviews
1. Re: Any experience of using Discountcar at Edmonton Airport?

If you do a google search, a map pops up showing their locations, in the nearby towns of Nisku and Leduc. https://tinyurl.com/ybj4hf7e They seem to have several more locations in Edmonton. I'm not sure if I've ever heard of them before - checked their "About Us" page and they seem to have locations in various locations all over Canada.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: Any experience of using Discountcar at Edmonton Airport?

Thank You

Appreciate your time

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
34 reviews
3. Re: Any experience of using Discountcar at Edmonton Airport?

From England most people rent from Canadian Affair. We hear good reports from them.

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
20,326 posts
28 reviews
4. Re: Any experience of using Discountcar at Edmonton Airport?

the company is called Discount - "discountcar" is used for their web site.

any off site car rental add at least 30 min for the pick up and drop off as they use a shuttle. I gave up using them because it just added stress when you are trying to catch a flight you have to add at least 1 hr otherwise the one shuttle bus might be in the wrong location and you have to wait for it to come back from the airport.

this is their logo https://tinyurl.com/y96ds53n

The one thing with cheapest price for car rental is that more often then not, it does not include all the insurance and you will get an upsell when you get to the counter. Canadian Affair has an all inclusive package, the car hire company they have is Avis.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
23 reviews
5. Re: Any experience of using Discountcar at Edmonton Airport?

Thank You.

I will look online at Canadian Affair

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
6. Re: Any experience of using Discountcar at Edmonton Airport?

I am writing this in JUNE 2018. I would NOT recommend anyone using Discount Car Rental out of the Edmonton Airport location.

1. it is OFF airport property so nowhere near the airport

2. you have to call and some one will pick you up and take you to their location (about a 10 minute drive)

3. The service was very pleasant and I will say they went over the contract with me pointing out everything which is the first time ever any car company has done this

4. Very good customer service when taking your car

5. Very small location so very few staff so if there is a problem you have to wait

6. Upon returning the car it was so busy that they didnt give me a final receipt as they said they would send it to me.

7. I did NOT receive a final receipt and still waiting however I was charged TWICE for the one car rental.

8. I have been trying to call back to rectify and I was promised a call back in 10minutes as the person said he was the only one in the office !!!

9. it is now 1hour 11 minutes later and I have still NOT had anyone call me

10. I called a corporate number and they cannot assist me as can ONLY take reservations but not assist with any problems.

11. I called the location number back only to get a voice-mail and still no call back

12. Based on this I would NEVER EVER use Discount Car Rental again.

Remember "CHEAP IS EXPENSIVE" and it wasnt so cheap

13. The inconvenience of trying to find a gas station off airport property was also a hassle

14. No more off property companies again for me.

Do what is convenient and work with a reputable company that when there is a problem will be able to resolve it immediately and not have the customer running around trying to get my money back - I dont see the necessity of paying TWICE for one car rental and no apologies just a run-around.

Discount was very quick to call and ask for a survey on their service but now when you need help there is NO-ONE to assist

NEVER AGAIN DISCOUNT CAR RENTAL

Edited: 01 July 2018, 03:16
Reply to: Any experience of using Discountcar at Edmonton Airport?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Edmonton