We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls Getaway

S G
Regina, Canada
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Girls Getaway

I am meeting a friend in Edmonton for a 2 night girls getaway. It will likely be midweek, July 18-20th. I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for what we could do, and where the best place to stay is? I'm looking for cheaper accommodations, but something at least clean and hopefully within walking distance to restaurants or someone to grab a drink? We will have a car though, so we can hopefully get around to see some neat stuff.

Mentioned in this post
Edmonton
Edmonton
Alberta, Canada
2 replies to this topic
Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
21,064 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls Getaway

The south side and west end hotel areas are not exactly "pedestrian friendly" - they are geared at people moving around in cars. If you want to leave the car parked and walk to dinner and pubs, your best bet is to stay downtown or in the Whyte Avenue area. The Whyte Avenue hotels can be pricey (although I've found good deals at times) - check the Varscona and the Meterra; there is a Days Inn, which is a bit further for walking, but still doable (and cheaper). For downtown, we stayed at the Chateau Lacombe back in February for a concert, and it was quite a lot cheaper than many other hotels in the area. There's a Holiday Inn Express not too far away too, I think.

For what it's worth, I've found Edmonton hotels quite a lot cheaper than Regina.

Mentioned in this post
Whyte Avenue
Whyte Avenue
1,121 Reviews
Edmonton, Canada
Chateau Lacombe Hotel
Chateau Lacombe Hotel
553 Reviews
Edmonton, Canada
Edmonton
Edmonton
Alberta, Canada
Regina
Regina
Saskatchewan, Canada
Canada
Level Contributor
2,183 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls Getaway

I'd also recommend Whyte Ave or Downtown (check out the Matrix and Coast Edmonton Plaza) for great food and recreation options within walking distance.

Edmonton's parks and river valleys are beautiful, and 124th Street would be a fun area to spend some time:

http://www.124street.ca/

And have a look here for some entertainment ideas:

http://www.vueweekly.com/events/

Mentioned in this post
Coast Edmonton Plaza Hotel by APA
Coast Edmonton Plaza...
1,189 Reviews
Edmonton, Canada
Reply to: Girls Getaway
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;