We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel not too far from airport, with easy access?

newfoundland
Level Contributor
80 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel not too far from airport, with easy access?

We will arive on Sunday evening and head to the West edmonton Mall on Monday and possibly the Rexall center Monday night and fly out early Tues morning. I am looking for a hotel not too far from the airport so we don't have far to drive in the morning and one that resonably easy to get out of when we want to go to the mall. Looking at 100-150/night. Or any other suggestions!

Mentioned in this post
West Edmonton Mall
West Edmonton Mall
3,835 Reviews
Edmonton, Canada
Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton
Level Contributor
3,790 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel not too far from airport, with easy access?

I suggest the Best Western South Edmonton Inn & Suites. It is very close to the airport, about a 20 minute drive - depends a bit on traffic and how fast you drive :). Note - the airport is about a 15 min drive away from the city limits - so you really can't get much closer and still stay within the city.

It also has very easy access to WEM and Rexall. They're both not really close by, but easy to get to.

As well as being close to the airport, a couple of other nice things - it is very new, has the best ratings of hotels in the area, and is part of the South Edmonton Common area - a great shopping area, full of big box outlet stores if that interests you. I know you don't have a lot of time here, but you may like to give it a try.

Mentioned in this post
Edmonton
Edmonton
Alberta, Canada
Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
21,561 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel not too far from airport, with easy access?

Accommodation "close" to the airport would be in the towns of Leduc or Nisku, but those would not be very convenient for sightseeing and attractions in Edmonton; as mentioned, it's a bit of a drive to Edmonton..... West Edm. Mall is about 45 minutes from the airport. The hotel strip on the south side of the city (one of many hotels was mentioned by mcwhippet) would be a good compromise between the two.

I haven't been to Edmonton since May, but I imagine the construction in the city on Calgary Trail/hwy 2 on the south side is still ongoing.... mcwhippet, can you confirm that? It doesn't create huge delays, but adds a bit to driving time as there are areas where you have to drive more slowly.

Mentioned in this post
Leduc
Leduc
Alberta, Canada
Edmonton
Edmonton
Alberta, Canada
Calgary
Calgary
Alberta, Canada
Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton
Level Contributor
3,790 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel not too far from airport, with easy access?

Yes, the construction in the area is still ongoing, but anytime I have been through lately it has been really clear sailing. Most of the construction is being done off the roadway, and the main impact to traffic is the reduced speed limit.

I'll be through there next week, and I'll post back if anything is different.

newfoundland
Level Contributor
80 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel not too far from airport, with easy access?

Thats for the suggestion on the Best Western South - I looked at the reviews & booked it today !! And $109/night is decent! God I love trip advisor!

Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton
Level Contributor
3,790 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel not too far from airport, with easy access?

I agree - TA rocks! I don't know how we used to travel without it. Enjoy your stay!

Mission, Canada
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel not too far from airport, with easy access?

I was going to advise on the Best Western too. Glad it worked out. Enjoy your trip here.

7. Re: Hotel not too far from airport, with easy access?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2011, 13:18