We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

elk island nat'l park accomodations

DFW
1 post
Save Topic
elk island nat'l park accomodations

We are looking to fly to Calgary and then drive up to Elk Island Park. Can anyone recommend lodging close to the park?

Thanks so much for your help!

Mentioned in this post
Calgary
Calgary
Alberta, Canada
Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,583 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: elk island nat'l park accomodations

We stopped at Inglis Avenue B&B in Fort Saskatchewan when we visited Elk Island National Park. It was 30-40min drive to the park along a good fast road with little traffic.

You can read our review here:

tripadvisor.co.uk/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

It was a very comfortable place to stop and we enjoyed our stay. There is a big Sobey's supermarket just over the road and access to microwave, fridge and kettle in the dining room for evening meals. Breakfast was good and filling. Beds were comfortable and there was a plentiful supply of good towels.

Fort Saskatchewan was a lot nicer than we expected. There are a lot of old buildings and a small heritage park.

Edited: 14 August 2010, 06:02
Mentioned in this post
Fort Saskatchewan
Fort Saskatchewan
Alberta, Canada
Elk Island National Park
Elk Island National Park
458 Reviews
Edmonton, Canada
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
216 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: elk island nat'l park accomodations

Sherwood Park is a bit closer and has a few hotels...Ramada, Holiday Inn Express, Road King, Coast...not sure what any are like. 20 minutes to the park or less.

Mentioned in this post
Sherwood Park
Sherwood Park
Alberta, Canada
Mission, Canada
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: elk island nat'l park accomodations

I concur with ChillyAlbertans.

Elk Island would definitely be closer drive to Sherwood Park than Fort Sask', in my opinion. But then I've only drive to Elk Island a few times, and it's always while driving by Sherwood Park. Maybe from Fort Sask' it would be closer, but I can't say for sure.l

It's been a while since I actually had to use the Ramada in Sherwood Park, but back then it was the Coast Edmonton East . It is also connected to the Millenium Place, which has a great pool and fitness facility. I think they have an agreement between them.

Mentioned in this post
Sherwood Park
Sherwood Park
Alberta, Canada
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
216 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: elk island nat'l park accomodations

The Ramada is a different hotel on the same street. The Coast is connected with Millenium Place. I think the Coast was formerly a Best Western.

5. Re: elk island nat'l park accomodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2011, 14:16