We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Regina Canada

Hartswater northen...
1 post
Save Topic
Regina Canada

Hi we are South Africans and will be going to Canada this March.

I also want to know were to buy warm clothing, I got thermal underwear, my boys are 5 and 6 years. will there be warm clothing to buy in the airport, we will be landing in Toronto and the next day to Regina.

Thanks for any help

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,216 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Regina Canada

Welcome to TripAdvisor, Toelie! You've posted your question on the Edmonton forum, and I'm sure the Edmontonians will have some good suggestions for you. But you may also want to post in the forums for Toronto

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g155019-i55-Toronto…

and / or Regina

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g155042-i988-Regina…

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,689 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Regina Canada

Hi Toelie;

FYI...Edmonton is located approx. 487 miles / 784 km west of Regina.

Best Regards

Golden, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
4,792 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Regina Canada

Maybe you can find some decent items at Pearson? Here's the link to what's there: gtaa.com/en/…

I wouldn't plan on shopping at YQR here in Regina. I'm sure there are a few things to buy in the clothing department, but limited selection. Pearson is much larger.

Mission, Canada
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Regina Canada

If you're not bringing cold weather clothing for March, you will likely need some, jackets included. If you want to buy, that is okay, especially if you're trying to keep your luggage to within restrictions.

Personally, I would not buy clothing at any airport as you will pay too much.

If you are only connecting in Toronto, and then flying to Regina thereafter, I would make your clothes purchases soon after arriving in Regina. Regina is a big enough city with a good selection in shopping stores.

If the time of your arrival in Regina is early in the day, then have whomever is picking you up take you to your accommodations directly. Then after settling in and unloading your luggage, get yourself to a clothing store. I would suggest an Army & Navy store as they have some of the best deals going for stylish clothing. If not Army & Navy, then try a Zellers or Walmart.

These will afford the best economical choices for shopping, for everything from boots, shoes, shirts, pants to jackets and fleece.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
56 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Regina Canada

There is a Walmart very along the main road from the Airport. They still should have winter clothing at that time

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,216 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Regina Canada

Tf I recall correctly, winter clothing will be on sale in March in major stores away from the airport, even though we may still have quite a bit of winter weather ahead of us.

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
139 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Regina Canada

There is no Army & Navy in Regina anymore, but there is a Wal-Mart south of the airport. Just take a right at the first set of lights coming out of the airport and it'll be a few km's down on the right.

Try and research the weather right before you arrive. It may be quite nice, it may be brutally cold. Just one of the joys of a Canadian winter!

It's almost appropriate posting on this forum. Like me, half of Alberta and Edmonton comes from Saskatchewan.

8. Re: Regina Canada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2012, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about Edmonton
Recent Conversations