We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

West Edmonton Mall Hotels

Montana
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
West Edmonton Mall Hotels

I am attending a conference at the West Edmonton Mall in July. Are there hotels in that vicinity that would be more economical than the Fantasyland Inn?

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
19,436 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: West Edmonton Mall Hotels

There is the Fantasyland Hotel, right in the mall, and the West Edmonton Mall Inn, right across the street. Other than that, the next closest hotels are in the area around 178th Street and Stony Plain road (there are a lot of hotels located around there), about a ten minute drive away. Have a look on google maps - www.maps.google.com .

Edmonton
Level Contributor
373 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: West Edmonton Mall Hotels

Will you have a car? How many hours a day is your conference?

If you don't have a car, I would suggest "biting the bullet" and staying at the mall. Otherwise, I'd suggest one of the newer hotels, between 172 Street and 184 Street, most within 2 km of the mall.

3. Re: West Edmonton Mall Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 21 March 2011, 04:08
Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,615 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: West Edmonton Mall Hotels

I spend about 4 weeks a year at the Executive Royal Inn West Edmonton. You could get a rate of abotu $109 and if you sign up for the rewards program you will get placed on the new wing...."executive wing" . key carded exclusive access and you will get a $12.00 food pass kind of thing good at the bar or restaurant. its not the westin by any means...but its only a 5 minute drive to the mall.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,615 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: West Edmonton Mall Hotels

"I spend about 4 weeks a year...." forgot to mention... business! not for vacation!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,615 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: West Edmonton Mall Hotels

I was at a wedding once and my "other" really wanted us to stay at the fantasyland hotel. I can only say........wow. The "non themed" rooms are actually themed rooms... dirty motel 6 theme. dirty...disgusting hotel. If you live in the burbs of edmonton and are going to the "big city" for the weekend... it may be nirvana.... nuff said.

Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
464 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: West Edmonton Mall Hotels

Around that area they are pretty much all economical hotels. There is no 4 star or higher places. You could find places from 60-260 a night within a 10 min car ride from the hotel.

Downtown is probably only a 20min car ride and has nicer hotels 4+ stars, for a little more.

I like the Westin downtown. A little more money, but very nice

8. Re: West Edmonton Mall Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 23:16
Get answers to your questions about Edmonton