We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edmonton area Public Transit

Mission, Canada
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Edmonton area Public Transit

Just to get certain discussion off another topic area ....

Personally, as a resident of Edmonton for a while now, I would have to agree with another's opinion that Edmonton area transit "sucks" in comparison to other metropolitan cities, like Vancouver and Toronto, where I have lived.

If Edmonton council had planned their infrastructure much better long ago, there could have been a more extensive LRT system in place by now. Possibly even including service to the airport, as long as the schedules were to coincide with early morning and late night flights.

Also, Edmonton really does need its' transit system, including the buses, to run on a later schedule to accommodate the late night scene better on Fridays and Saturdays. I know there are limited late night runs on certain routes, but the limiting is ridiculous.

If the city council wants this to be world class city, then they best get their act in gear. For heaven's sake, we have a NHL hockey team and are the capitol of Alberta.

Now, if Edmonton could only through the provincial government extend its' metropolitan borders to include Sherwood Part, Strathcona County, St.. Albert, Spruce Grove, etc. this area would be a financial powerhouse. But unfortunately, and realistically, I don't see this happening.

Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
464 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Edmonton area Public Transit

CTW--I agree with everything you have just stated. Thanks for posting

2. Re: Edmonton area Public Transit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 08:23
Get answers to your questions about Edmonton