We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel on/ v. close to Whyte ave?

NWT
Level Contributor
514 posts
123 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel on/ v. close to Whyte ave?

Hi,

We usually stay at the Metterra, but last time it was super noisy. Looking for something spotless, family friendly, and near Whyte ave with close access to Stollery for a 3 night stay. Thanks :)

Mission, Canada
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel on/ v. close to Whyte ave?

I've only ever stayed in two hotels in town here prior to moving here, plus I don't know the details of many others, especially those close to Whyte Ave.

As for having close access to the Stollery, i would ask the hospital family admin for assistance in selecting a place. I think they would have better choices at hand.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,881 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel on/ v. close to Whyte ave?

In addition to the Metterra and Varscona boutique hotels which are both on Whyte Ave, there's also the newish Days Inn a short distance (0.8km) to the south.

The latter is a bit over 2km from the University campus and where I think the Stollery is. Walking distance perhaps. The other two would be closer.

Edited: 14 April 2011, 06:28
Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
311 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel on/ v. close to Whyte ave?

There is also the Campus Tower Suite Hotel right next to the U of A campus, a five minute walk to the Stollery. It's a couple of kilometers from the main attractions of Whyte Ave.

Mentioned in this post
Campus Tower Suite Hotel
Campus Tower Suite Hotel
508 Reviews
Edmonton, Canada
Alberta
Level Contributor
61 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel on/ v. close to Whyte ave?

I stayed at the Varscona last spring and would definitely go back. The room was nice, rates reasonable and they have nice touches like free valet parking. (Starbucks in the lobby is a plus for me, too.) I would take advantage of the free hotel parking and use a quick cab ride over to the Stollery (unless you like to walk - it would be around 15-20 minutes)

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel on/ v. close to Whyte ave?

you could also consider a hotel downtown and it's a short (5 minutes) train ride to the hospital.

6. Re: Hotel on/ v. close to Whyte ave?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 18:22