We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it raining in Edmonton at the moment?

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Is it raining in Edmonton at the moment?

Hi, I'm going to Edmonton for the first time next week and I've looked at the online weather Bereau and they have forcasted showers. Is it raining there at the moment and do you think it will affect my trip?

Thanks kindly

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,070 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it raining in Edmonton at the moment?

You can find the Environment Canada current weather conditions and 7-day forecast for Edmonton at weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/…ab-50_metric_e.html

I wouldn't worry too much about the forecast beyond 3 days though, as it is very unreliable further out. And "showers" means occasional light rain, not pouring all day; not really something to worry about.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
373 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it raining in Edmonton at the moment?

It is more likely to snow than rain, to be honest. It is supposed to rain Tuesday, and snow on Wednesday. Today, it is 14C and sunny.

Just pack warm layer clothing and you will be fine.

Mission, Canada
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it raining in Edmonton at the moment?

I understand your concern. There are many members on TripAdvisor who seem to ask the "weather question."

Please note Country-Wife's link to the weather forecast webpage.

Other than that, I am happy to report that the Easter weekend was "glorious" and sunny here in Edmonton. It is also presently sunny and very warm here on the southeast part of town.

Alberta
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it raining in Edmonton at the moment?

There is a saying about weather in Alberta. If you don't like the weather, wait an hour, it'll change. It can change drastically very quickly. You don't plan on weather here, you plan for it. Bring a wide selection of clothes.

5. Re: Is it raining in Edmonton at the moment?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 20:15
Get answers to your questions about Edmonton