We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do ?

oshawa
1 post
Save Topic
What to do ?

I have relatives coming from Mexico between 20th and 30th December. They have 2 children a boy of 14 and a girl of 10. Any ideas on activities that might be taking place during that time (not too expensive and not too far away). I am hoping for snow as they have never seen snow.

Thanks

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do ?

Hi brundel,

Everything will be gorgeous at Christmas, in Toronto and also Niagara Falls and since kids are out of school for Chrismas holidays, there's usually lots of things to see and do.

If the roads are good, you'd have no problem going to the Falls as they are spectacular in the winter and it's just a couple hours from Oshawa. Look at mapquest.ca for directions if you're not sure.

There's lots to keep kids busy in Toronto with the Science Centre, ROM, the Toronto Zoo (fun in the winter but you need to dress warmly) and just walking around seeing the Christmas displays. Imax or regular theatres usually offer great Christmas movies for the family.

If you check www.ontariotravel.net and look at the Events Calendar a few things like the Cavalcade of Lights will pop up. Also check: www.torontotourism.ca and

www.where.ca/toronto

If you have more specific questions, maybe post them to the Toronto forum or the Niagara Falls forum as the destination of "Oshawa" won't give you nearly as many responses. There's been quite alot of information about things to do during Christmas if you read some recent discussions here too.

I don't know how far you're willing to go, but even a trip to Ottawa would be great if it's within your time frame and budget.

Hope there's snow for Christmas too!

2. Re: What to do ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2006, 22:47
Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do ?

your kidding me right buddy , your just an idiot.

Canada Eh
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do ?

I agree Mr Pibb....Hey Buddy "get a life"

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply