We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delta Montreal vs Delta Centre-ville

London, Canada
Level Contributor
206 posts
209 reviews
Save Topic
Delta Montreal vs Delta Centre-ville

Hi there, Can anyone comment on which Delta property would be better for a 3 night stay over Easter weekend for an early-30s couple on a first trip to Montreal (as adults)?

Which Delta has the best location, best rooms and best pool.

Thanks for your help!

montreal
Level Contributor
596 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Delta Montreal vs Delta Centre-ville

As to location at that time of year, the Delta Montreal is hard to beat. Right downtown, close to everything: stores, restaurants, buses, metro stations, major streets like Ste Catherine, St Laurent and St Denis, Old Montreal, etc.

Happy Easter in our city!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,888 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delta Montreal vs Delta Centre-ville

Without regards to reputation, the Delta Montreal's location is far superior. The Delta Centre-Ville is in an odd location, right in the financial district of Montreal. Sure it's close to Old Montreal, but at night it can be quite an eerie place to be. The Delta Montreal is in a location where it is easy enough to walk to most things as well as find a nice place for a dinner.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
206 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Delta Montreal vs Delta Centre-ville

This is very helpful, thank you! If anyone is aware of a difference in parking charges or the rate for parking at either hotel, please let me know. We're hoping to fly but may have to drive.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
5,054 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Delta Montreal vs Delta Centre-ville

There is cheaper parking to be had around the Delta Centre-Ville under the Caisse-de-Dépôt building ... see tripadvisor.com/Travel-g155032-c11777/Montre… for some more parking suggestions.

I agree that the Delta Centre-Ville can feel isolated -- it's right at the beginning of downtown, and south and west of it is really a kind of nomansland with parking lots, the railroad tracks, and the start of the freeway. However, I'd say it's closer to some nicer restaurants (Holder, Bar et Boeuf, le Titanic for lunch) and it's just a couple of blocks to more life, plus it's connected directly to the underground tunnels (although in a roundabout way).

All that to say that it's not to be avoided if you happen to like it...

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
129 posts
622 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Delta Montreal vs Delta Centre-ville

Delta Centre-Ville - Self-parking with unlimited in/out privileges - $22/day - location of parking a little akward to find. From a traffic perspective, the Delta Centre-Ville may be slightly easier to get in/out of as you avoid some of the traffic of the "core" downtown

Delta Montreal: Self-parking with unlimited in/out: $26/day or valet for $29.

I find the rooms at the Delta Montreal to be a little bit nicer, larger and in better shape than at the Delta Centre-Ville. That said, the Delta Centre-Ville rooms may offer nicer "panoramic" views (depending on room and direction). I also prefer the brekfast buffet at the Centre-Ville. Gym and pool area at Centre-Ville is also superior IMO to Delta Montreal. Delta Centre-Ville also boasts a panaromic restaurant at the top (themed/buffet style)

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
365 posts
334 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Delta Montreal vs Delta Centre-ville

Has mentioned above I believe the pool, restaurant, and views are far better at the Delta Centre-Ville. The Delta Montreal however does have balconies with its rooms. I don't personally find the location bad at either hotels. You are a few blocks south of St-Catherines with the Delta Centre-Ville but still within easy walking distance. One thing you should note if someone has difficulties walking the Delta Centre-Ville sits a the bottom of a hill when heading uptown.

I am in my mid 20's and when my friends visit they often stay at the Delta Montreal. I can tell you from experience on week-ends that hotel is VERY busy with the bar crowd. I have witnessed large groups of young people being quite loud in the halls and public areas during my time there. It might be different during Easter, but I would never-the-less stay at the Delta Centre-Ville. Being your first time here you will no doubt spend more time in Old Montreal and the Centre-Ville property is much closer to it.

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Delta Montreal vs Delta Centre-ville

If you can find a good rate, then check out the Queen Elzabeth Fairmont.

Le Westin is slightly more expensive, but we are literally emailing you from there right now, and you will LOVE the pool area....

It is the newest property in Montreal, staff is amazing!!!!! Rooms are very sexy

London, Canada
Level Contributor
206 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Delta Montreal vs Delta Centre-ville

Thanks again for the tips. I've booked the Delta Montreal at a very nice rate but it is refundable so I will keep an eye out for deals on Le Westin as well.

9. Re: Delta Montreal vs Delta Centre-ville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2010, 12:15