We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FINALLY ! Some good news about the bus from PET Airport

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,845 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
FINALLY ! Some good news about the bus from PET Airport

I had written about it at least once in the past, that was an info passed to me by a MUC bus driver but I never heard anything about it in the news.

That is until tonight when CBC News reported about this new service.

For once I will just shut myself up and just let the CBC website report. But It's gonna be a long message anyways...

Starting at the end of the month, it will be easier and cheaper to travel from downtown Montreal to Trudeau airport.

The Montreal Transport Corporation (STM) and the Montreal airport authority will launch a new airport shuttle on March 29, officials announced Thursday.

It is called the 747 — like the airplane — and will offer round the clock service, seven days a week.

The cost is significantly cheaper than the privately run shuttle bus currently serving the airport, and will be particularly useful for the thousands of employees working at the airport said officials.

In addition to the airport, the bus will stop at eight locations in downtown Montreal including Lionel-Groulx and Berri-UQÀM Metro stations, Central Station and near some major hotels and tourist sites.

The shuttle, which resembles a regular STM bus fitted with luggage racks inside, will be free of charge for monthly bus pass holders.

For other passengers a ticket will cost $7 — which will also entitle the passenger to unlimited bus and Metro access for the day.

The service is necessary, but doesn’t replace the need for a rail shuttle between downtown and the airport, said STM chairman Michel Labrecque.

Officials said they are making progress on that file — a train station has been built at the airport.

But, city officials said they need more money from the province to finish building the rail infrastructure.

Read more: cbc.ca/canada/…ixzz0hvwUZ8tG

Mentioned in this post
Montreal
Montreal
Quebec, Canada
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FINALLY ! Some good news about the bus from PET Airport

Hi RickB,

Great news for Montreal.

This means that Montreal will join Ottawa in the ability to provide "inexpensive" bus options to Travellers... we here have an OCTranspo Stop right outside the Terminal (cost $ 3 a trip... or $ 7 for an all day pass).

Unfortunately, poor Toronto offers very little comparitively... it is either a Cab / Limo or Shuttle... with the most popular coming in at (if I recall correctly) $ 50 from Airport to Downtown. OUCH!

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Mentioned in this post
Montreal
Montreal
Quebec, Canada
Ottawa
Ottawa
Ontario, Canada
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: FINALLY ! Some good news about the bus from PET Airport

Congratulations to Montreal -- this does sound handy. If you'll forgive the intrusion, I need to correct the misleading information on Toronto posted above.

Toronto's Pearson Airport is served 24 hours a day, 365 days a year by TTC regular-fare routes: the 192 "Airport Rocket" gets you to the subway in about 15 minutes and runs every 10-15 minutes 6 am-1 am, 7 days a week; there's also the 58A (Lawrence), 300A (Bloor, overnight), and 307 (Eglinton, overnight). For those going elsewhere in the Toronto area, there are GO, Mississauga, and Brampton Transit routes. And if you want a single-seat ride downtown, the privately-run Toronto Airport Express is $19.95. (Note the Toronto airport is significantly further from downtown than either the Montreal or Ottawa airports.)

Mentioned in this post
Montreal
Montreal
Quebec, Canada
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Mississauga
Mississauga
Ontario, Canada
Brampton
Brampton
Ontario, Canada
Ottawa
Ottawa
Ontario, Canada
Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
5,057 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: FINALLY ! Some good news about the bus from PET Airport

Huh? No, Toronto has had the Airport Rocket for oh, 10 years now -- takes you to Kipling Station, and it costs the regular fare.

I think the $7 all-day pass is a brilliant idea. And boy will it be nice not to repeat how dreadful transit is to the airport.

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Montreal , Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: FINALLY ! Some good news about the bus from PET Airport

Yes at last ... here's the link for more information :

english : http://www.stm.info/English/info/a-747.htm

french : http://www.stm.info/info/747.htm

It's start only on march 29 , 2010 , 24/24

Edited: 15 March 2010, 18:52
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: FINALLY ! Some good news about the bus from PET Airport

TO MATTINTO (and anyone else reading from TO).

Apologies... I had no idea. I guess it is because of the inconvenience (Bus to Subway) and time & distance that no one ever seems to use this option (or talk much about this method)... I didn't even know it existed... I personally have always used the Town Car Limo option to get back & forth between Downtown (company paid) but knew about the Shuttle as well.

Thanks for the info.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

6. Re: FINALLY ! Some good news about the bus from PET Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2010, 12:18