We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Possible Move To Saskatoon

Alberta
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Possible Move To Saskatoon

Hello Fellow Trip Advisor Forum Users,

I may be moving to S'toon in the near future from Alberta, and do not know much about the city (besides website information, and from visiting).

Anyways I would just like to know which are some of the recommended neighborhoods in which to live, and which are the ones I should avoid. I have been looking at some properties in Wildwood, can anyone tell me if this is a wise choice. I have also heard that the east side is far more desirable than the west side, is this true. Anyways any information would be greatly appraciated.

Regards,

CanadianRealtor

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Possible Move To Saskatoon

Wildwood is a very nice neighbourhood. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a home there. Housing prices are higher on the east side of the river, however there are some very nice newer developments going up on the north west side of the river. There are 2 new high schools that just opened on the west side of the city and new housing developments are being started.

The only place to really avoid (just my opinion) are the alphabet avenues between 11th St and 32nd St. Now having said that, there are lots of people living in those areas and they love where they live.

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
646 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Possible Move To Saskatoon

I agree with the above. The east side is generally considered to be the better, safer side. Wildwood is a really nice neighbourhood, close to a mall, movie theatre and golf course. Depending on exactly where you are in the neighbourhood you may also be near a few high schools. You will pay more for pretty much anything on the east side though.

The west side, the alphabets especially, have gotten a really bad rap. The alphabets (Riversdale, Pleasant Hill, Meadowgreen, King George, Caswell Hill, Westmount, Mount Royal) are all thought of as less desirable neighbourhoods, however they are turning around. Riversdale especially is becoming a more desirable location due to it's proximity to River Landing, the Farmer's Market, the river and downtown in general.

I think at this point the only neighbourhood I would avoid at all costs is Kelsey-Woodlawn, and that's mostly because the few houses there are so rundown. The other neighbourhoods I mentioned, I would live in any of them but would take a few more precautions with my things and my safety.

3. Re: Possible Move To Saskatoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

We're sorry - the TripAdvisor staff closed this topic because TripAdvisor does not facilitate discussions about relocation or real estate purchases because these topics are not considered to be travel-related.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2008, 23:13
Get answers to your questions about Saskatoon