We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Soon to work in Saskatoon

quezon
2 posts
Save Topic
Soon to work in Saskatoon

Gud day!

I was offered a job by a company which HQ is in Saskatoon, with a monthly pay of CND$4,000. Do you think this is a good starting pay? Part of the plan is to apply for permanent residence there with my family. I have two kids. Do you think this pay is good enough for my family to live?

Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Soon to work in Saskatoon

Hi,

I'm not sure what type of work you do, or how much experience you have, so it's tough to judge if this is good starting pay. If the company offers good upward mobility potential, or if your skills are strong, then Saskatoon is likely a good place to be. It is a growing city, the economy remains strong there despite the global recession (I sure hope it stays that way), and there is a small, but significant, Filipino community there.

As to you whether the pay is enough for your family to live on, it would be tight to start, but if it helps you get citizenship and you have room to grow in your career, it would probably be a good starting point.

Good luck with everything!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,276 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Soon to work in Saskatoon

TripAdvisor does not facilitate discussions about relocation or real estate purchases because these topics are not considered to be travel-related.

3. Re: Soon to work in Saskatoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

We're sorry - the TripAdvisor staff closed this topic because TripAdvisor does not facilitate discussions about relocation or real estate purchases because these topics are not considered to be travel-related.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2009, 02:31
Get answers to your questions about Saskatoon