We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding in Saskatoon

Caerphilly, South...
Level Contributor
105 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding in Saskatoon

Hi,

We're coming to Saskatoon in May from the UK for a wedding and I was wondering what type of attire is considered normal wedding dress?

The reception is taking place at the Delta Bessbourough.

Thanks!

Marie

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding in Saskatoon

This really is a question for the Bride and Groom, since it depends what type of wedding they are wanting to have. Typically, I would wear a nice "summer" type dress or slacks and a nice shirt. Men would wear dress pants and a nice shirt and tie. But again, really a question for the folks having the wedding.

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
646 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding in Saskatoon

I agree with the above, it does depend on the couple, but considering the reception location a nice spring/summer dress or skirt & top or dress pants & top would be appropriate.

For men it depends a bit on their age as well. Dress pants and a nice shirt are what most younger guys wear, older men (50+ ish) often wear a suit either with or without a tie, but it would be perfectly acceptable for them to just wear dress pants & a nice shirt as well.

Basically just wear whatever you might wear out to a nice dinner party and feel comfortable in.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding in Saskatoon

You may also need a sweater or light jacket at the church if you have a cool or windy day.

4. Re: Wedding in Saskatoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 20:22
Get answers to your questions about Saskatoon