We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone interested in joining a private tour of the lake?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone interested in joining a private tour of the lake?

Date: February 23, 2018 to 24

Hi, I'm trying to get a private tour to the lake so we can check out more spots on our own time. I've seen some public pics with very full boats that do not look like fun. Tour info is below. I'm hoping we can get the price down if we have more people.

We would be looking for male/female in the 20-40 range. No families please (wouldn't be a good fit). We are three early 30s guys. Tour guide included as well.

private 2 day 1 night. sleeping at bamboo room (join toilet)

On 23 Feb Appointment you at my office 9.00 am. meeting your guide Or appointment at the pier (lake) 10.00 am.

- Drop at the Local market 15 minute for shopping (the local market close to the lake)

- Catch the private Long tial boat deep inside at the floating house at the bamboo room 2 room

- check-in and have a Lunch set (tradition thai food, water, fruit)

- relaxing, swimming, kayaking

- make hiking to seeing the Viewpoint Or nature trail (depend on the weather)

- Evening safaris back to the rafthouse

- Tradition thai food, in the Dinner

On 24 Feb Morning safaris by long tail boat

- have a breakfast

- relaxing, swimming, kayaking

- have a Lunch time

- after Lunch bring you back to the pier not late 1 pm.

This package the price 5,600 baht per person (private 3 persons)

Edited: 13 February 2018, 03:51
8 replies to this topic
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,528 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone interested in joining a private tour of the lake?

In case you don't realise, I'm fairly sure the 'tour guide' is the boat driver. Their English is poor and they don't really do much guiding.

I've been to the lake twice now and both times I've just turned up as early as possible, spoken to the lady and asked her to find me people to share with, and both times she's done a great job. It's never cost me more than 500 baht for the boat. First time I shared with 2 Thais, second time I shared with a mixed group of about 8 foreigners including one kid.

Does that price include the national park fee x3? If not it seems steep but depends on the particular rafthouse you're staying in I guess, some of them are nicer than others.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone interested in joining a private tour of the lake?

I don't think it include the park fee. You're saying you turned up without a reservation for the lake house and just joined some other people? I'm ok winging it in terms of a tour but seems a bit risky not to have a lake house booked...

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,528 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone interested in joining a private tour of the lake?

I'm just giving an alternative suggestion because I think it unlikely anybody on here would be going on the same dates as you especially when you exclude families and older people. Chances are better if you arrive there earlyish and don't mind waiting around an hour or two.

I think accommodation supply on the lake far exceeds demand (apart from public holidays or peak high season). Most people daytrip the lake, not so many people sleep there. Cheapest rafthouse is 500 baht not including meals, 900 baht including meals.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone interested in joining a private tour of the lake?

Awesome. Thanks for the tips.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,037 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone interested in joining a private tour of the lake?

Just be aware that rafthouses range from crude to luxury and are priced accordingly. Here is a link to a map showing various locations https:/…Khao_Sok_Lake_Map.jpg

Unrealistic to expect others in the group you are looking for to have same interests and budget.

Edited: 14 February 2018, 11:35
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone interested in joining a private tour of the lake?

Myself and my partner will actually be in Khao sok starting tonight and are traveling on a light budget looking to stay on a raft. Price is steep @5600 each but if you find a cheaper alternative and need 2 extra bodies we could be interested.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Sok National Park
Khao Sok National Park
Surat Thani Province, Thailand
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,528 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone interested in joining a private tour of the lake?

Seems expensive? Is that including a private taxi to the lake? Overnight price for a private boat (both ways) is about 2500-3000 baht (for 2 people) as long as you're not going to the very far edges of the lake. Cheapest accommodation is 900 baht a night (for 2 people) including meals (is yours nicer?).

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone interested in joining a private tour of the lake?

We did a public tour. It was good but very typical of what you would expect from a public tour. Go private if you can.

Reply to: Anyone interested in joining a private tour of the lake?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted