Here is the list of activities and typical prices that can be provide from Klong Sok (which is the name of the village at the entrance of the park but every one name it Khao Sok (especially taxis and bus drivers!) and an idea of prices per person:
Out of the park:
* Canoe trip on Sok River (800 - 1000 baht)
* Tubing on Sok River (300-500 baht)
* Elephant riding (800 - 1000 baht)
Into the park:
* 1/2 day educational trek, (500-800 baht + park fees)
* 1/2 day to the Rafflesia, (800-1000 baht + park fees)
* Full day educational trek, (1000-1200 baht + park fees)
* 2 days with camping into the jungle (2500- 3000 baht + park fees)
* Survival treks from 2 to10 days (need to be trained! Quite expensive because requires several expert guides)
- Lake tours:
* 1 day (from 1500 baht with group up to 3000 baht each if private for 2 persons + park fees)
* 2 days 1 night (from 2500 baht with group up to 5000 baht each if private for 2 persons + park fees)
* 3 days 2 nights (around 5000 baht per person for a 4 person group + park fees)
* various private tours tailor made
Tours to Klong Seng Wilde Life Sanctuary: various private tours tailor made minimum 3 days (much more expensive than normal lake tours: distance on water is triple and a ranger is required for any activity there, plus use of a guide).
How to come and go:
- To Phuket or Khao Lak: buses every hour from 8:30 to 17:30 (approximately)
- From Suratthani: buses every hour from 6:00 to 15:00 (approximately) or minibuses in between.
- To Suratthani: buses every hour from 11:30 to 17:30 (approximately) or minibuses before and in between.
- From Krabi: one public minibus per day, departure 11:30
- to Krabi: one public minibus per day, departure 8:30
- From Bangkok:
* Night buses (might be better to to avoid for that route as the national one very complicated to book and catch and the private ones are not as reliable and uncomfortable)
* Night train to Suratthani train station (needs to be booked in advance)
* Flight to Suratthani airport
- To Bangkok:
* VIP night bus from the National Company of Transportation (leaves Khao Sok between 18:30 and 19:00 - needs to be booked in advance)
* Night train from Suratthani train station (needs to be booked in advance)
* Flight from Suratthani airport.
Bus schedules are not always adhered to so advisable to turn up early.