We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Sok Map

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
44,817 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Khao Sok Map

There is an absence of upto date maps of the Khao Sok Area especially ones showing the location of accommodation, restaurants, shops, bars and other facilities in the area between Highway 401 and the entrance to the National Park. Here is a link to a hand drawn one that is not to scale and subject to being updated as any errors are corrected or it is updated.

…walagata.com/w/arandora/Khao_Sok_Map0001.pdf

Please feel free to send me comments so that I can try and keep it as current as possible.

17 replies to this topic
Utrecht, NL
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Khao Sok Map

Hi,

unless i've missed it somehow it doesnt have Cliff and River View resort on the map. Would you be so kind as to point out where this lies on the map please?

many thanks

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
44,817 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Khao Sok Map

I'm waiting for comments from local to come back and I will update then.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
44,817 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Khao Sok Map

The Cliff and River Jungle Resort is not on the map because it is along the highway about 11km towards Surat Thani on the opposite side from the road down to the National Park.

Mentioned in this post
Surat Thani
Surat Thani
Surat Thani Province, Thailand
Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
35 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Khao Sok Map

thank you for providing this map, it is very helpful.

if i arrive in khao sok (tomorrow Dec 2) am i likely to find a room just by dropping in to one of the hotels in the area?

are there tuk tuks in this area to make this search for a hotel easier?

thank you in advance!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
44,817 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Khao Sok Map

Hi,

I'm sure there will be availability in one of the resorts. If you are arriving by bus it drops you at the 109km marker bus stop which is right at the top of the road leading down to the NP entrance. It is shown as 1.6km from here to the Park entrance and I think there were a couple of taxis parked up near the top to take you to wherever you want to go. There are a number near the top so you can start there and see what you think of the looks of them and the price quoted. We stayed at the Baab Khao Sok Resort which is not far down on your right in a lovely spot by the river and overlooked by a towering cliff. We stayed in a tree house but they have lodges too.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
44,817 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Khao Sok Map

New map added of the area called Khao Sok Village near the entrance to the National Park where most accommodation is located. See walagata.com/w/…Khao_Sok_Village_Map.jpg

Edited: 08 September 2013, 14:46
Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
62 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Khao Sok Map

Hi Alan,

For staying 2 nights in the area (directly from phuket airport to Khoa Sok) which option is more reasonable?

first stay at one of the jungle resort and then raft house or vice versa?

Is it an advantage to book a resort which is near the Park's entrance?

Is there any resorts inside the park or all of them are out of it?

Thanks.

Nahid

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
44,817 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Khao Sok Map

Hi Nahid,

Going to the Lake or Khao Sok Village (the Natrional Park area) from Phukert takes about the same time by different routes. Returning to Khao Lak it is further from the Lake so from that point of view staying on the Lake first, then going to stay near the National Park entrance, makes more sense if you are going on to Khao Lak.

There are no resorts actually within the National Park area except those on the Lake which is within the NP. The main accommodation area shown on the map is on the road down from the highway and all re near to the NP entrance.

Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
62 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Khao Sok Map

Thanks Alan.

then, If there is any taxi available at the pier to give us ride to our jungle house without pre-booking? and do you have any idea how much is it?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
44,817 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Khao Sok Map

Sorry, I haven't but there are alwaystaxis at the pier hen we visit.

Reply to: Khao Sok Map
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted