We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banquet in a Cornfield

New Jersey
Level Contributor
50 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Banquet in a Cornfield

Has anyone done the Banquet in a Cornfield at Bird in Hand? I was wondering how it is and what the pricing is on it....thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Bird in Hand
Bird in Hand
Lancaster County, PA
Likely To Sell Out
2-Day Niagara Falls Tour from New...
460 Reviews
from US$320.00*
Special Offer
Washington DC Day Trip from New York
1,145 Reviews
from US$145.00*
US$169.00
Special Offer
Philadelphia and Amish Country Day...
417 Reviews
from US$145.00*
US$169.00
Myerstown...
Level Contributor
388 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Banquet in a Cornfield

BeachLover2,

The cost of $44.95 for adults and $29.95 for children, www.lancastercounty.com/event/details/15674. However, I have not experienced this and don't know anyone who has.

Mosslady

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
3,101 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Banquet in a Cornfield

I have not gone either. It seems pricey and gimmicky to me.Nothing particularly special about the meal

Davenport, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Banquet in a Cornfield

We did this two years ago and plan to fly in to do it again this year. Awesome experience! Did the hayride from the restaurant to the farm, so fun! The farm was beautiful! The owners were welcoming and you could tour their farm. Amish families cook and serve the food and you eat it inside a tent in the middle of the cornfield. The food was plentiful and amazing! They had a camp fire with bales of hay to sit on and a trio playing music and singing. It was one of the best experiences I[ve experienced. I was with a group of ladies and my mom used a walker and she was able to do it all and they were very accommodating. The price was well worth it!

Exmore, Virginia
Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Banquet in a Cornfield

My family has gone to this the last 3 years and we will go again this summer. It is a little expensive, but the food tastes amazing and you won't leave hungry! The Smuckers are welcoming and very down to earth. The hayride is authentic and fun. I would highly recommend.

Johnson City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Banquet in a Cornfield

Where does the hayride start?

6. Re: Banquet in a Cornfield

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 15 May 2017, 05:16
Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
3,101 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Banquet in a Cornfield

According to the earlier post, the hayride leaves from the Bird in Hand family restaurant.

However, you can verify this when you order tickets (Since they only do this several times a year I think you should book in advance)

Mentioned in this post
Bird-in-Hand Family Restaurant & Smorgasbord
Bird-in-Hand Family...
1,428 Reviews
Bird in Hand, PA
8. Re: Banquet in a Cornfield

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2018, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Lancaster County