We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Vancouver to Invermere

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
35 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Driving from Vancouver to Invermere

Any suggestion for driving from Vancouver to Invermere same day or over two days with some nice place to halt at night ?

Mentioned in this post
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Invermere
Invermere
Kootenay Rockies, Canada
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
35 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Driving from Vancouver to Invermere

Thanks - now I am absolutely convinced that I should rather take Hwy # 3

Edited: 14 February 2010, 03:39
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
35 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Driving from Vancouver to Invermere

Can anybody please suggest that is it possible to drive from Vancouver to Whistler then to Kamloops (do not know which route to take from Whistler to Kamloops) then to Chase, Sicamour, Revelstoke, Golden and Invermere. Driving in late May how much time it will take ?

Mentioned in this post
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Whistler
Whistler
British Columbia, Canada
Kamloops
Kamloops
British Columbia, Canada
Revelstoke
Revelstoke
Kootenay Rockies, Canada
Invermere
Invermere
Kootenay Rockies, Canada
Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
583 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Driving from Vancouver to Invermere

I am surprised that nobody has passed on a very good travel link to you, our highways site.

http://www.drivebc.ca/

The website has highway information (construction delays, webcams and weather info).

…gov.bc.ca/popular-topics/…calculator.asp

Distance is about 780km and should take about 9.5 to 10 hours of driving time. You will be crossing a time zone also (between Revelstoke and Golden) which will add 1 hour to your final arrival time. Stopping for meals and fuel will also add to the time frame, I would strongly suggest stopping in either Salmon Arm or Revelstoke to break up your travel (unless you have more than one driver). This route is very scenic and I am sure you will want to stop for photos along the way.

Enjoy your rip :0)

Mentioned in this post
Revelstoke
Revelstoke
Kootenay Rockies, Canada
Salmon Arm
Salmon Arm
British Columbia, Canada
Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
13,158 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Driving from Vancouver to Invermere

Yes you can drive vancouver/Whistler/kamloops..from Whistler the hwy is #99. last fall we drove it in reverse from Cache Creek to Whistler took about 3 hours..the road is only two lane and is mounatinous and very narrow in some spots. Even in late May you may encounter some snow on the side of the road..although this year has been so mild that that's probably not an issue.

If it were me and since you're going to be in the Rockies.. I'd still shoose to do the trip to Invermere through the hwy 3 route.. it just takes you through much more varied terrain and givesa better sense of the diversity of BC.

If you want to see Whistler then do it as a day trip.

Mentioned in this post
Whistler
Whistler
British Columbia, Canada
Invermere
Invermere
Kootenay Rockies, Canada
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
35 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Driving from Vancouver to Invermere

Thanks

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
35 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Driving from Vancouver to Invermere

Thanks

Whistler, Canada
Level Contributor
679 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Driving from Vancouver to Invermere

We are also doing this trip in May, Vancouver to Whistler (2 night stopover) then on to Kamloops (1 night stopover) then on to Inveremere, so all your posts have been very usefull in helping us get the most out of the trip.

Mentioned in this post
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Whistler
Whistler
British Columbia, Canada
Kamloops
Kamloops
British Columbia, Canada
18. Re: Driving from Vancouver to Invermere

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2010, 12:18
Get answers to your questions about Invermere