We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Haliburton for New Year's - What should we do?

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
84 posts
216 reviews
Save Topic
Haliburton for New Year's - What should we do?

I love Haliburton - and we go up to a cottage there about 3x a year to a cottage on Lake Kashawigamog. But this year we are going in winter ... for New Year's Eve/ Day. We have a lovely cottage on the lake to stay at... but what activities are there to do in the area? Is there a great New Year's celebration in the area? Anyone have experience or insight?

Mentioned in this post
Haliburton
Haliburton
Ontario, Canada
10 replies to this topic
Toronto
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Haliburton for New Year's - What should we do?

Last year my husband and I stayed at the Pinestone resort just prior to New Years and I know they were planning a New Years Eve dance/dinner. Try calling them to see if anything similar is planned for this year. The food at the Heatherwood (the restaurant in the hotel) is really yummy!

St. Catharines...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Haliburton for New Year's - What should we do?

http://www.facebook.com/pinestoneresort#!/photo.php?fbid=10150513571005087&set=a.405768560086.195467.329095290086&type=1&theater

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
84 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Haliburton for New Year's - What should we do?

Will definitely call... thanks.. Looks like Pinestone is the place to be!

4. Re: Haliburton for New Year's - What should we do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 December 2013, 05:35

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Haliburton for New Year's - What should we do?

There are a couple of restaurants on the Kashawigamog. I've stayed at the Bonnie View Inn and found the food to be excellent and the restaurant is lovely with fine service. There is also a place just beyond Bonnie View (1km - maybe less) that also has a restaurant but I can't remember the name nor have I been there. I do know that a lot of locals used to go to Bonnie View just for the food. Give Bonnie View a call and ask what they have going on. Also, it's been a while since I was there so things may have changed.

By the way, Red Umbrella, although you meant well, there is no escaping the fact that your post violates Tripadvisor rules and will certainly be taken down for solicitation and self-promoting.

Mentioned in this post
Bonnie View Inn
Bonnie View Inn
228 Reviews
Haliburton, Canada
SE Ontario
Level Contributor
23,018 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Haliburton for New Year's - What should we do?

Old post from 2011.

Haliburton Canada
Level Contributor
1,510 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Haliburton for New Year's - What should we do?

Right now, there is cross-country skiing at Pinestone and Glebe Park, and downhill skiing at Sir Sams, so depending on the weather, you can ski during the day and party at night. The www.highlanderonline.ca (local free newspaper) usually lists upcoming events so you could check it out for New Year's Eve parties, or rent a cottage with some friends and have your own house party. Just don't drink & drive!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
79,457 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Haliburton for New Year's - What should we do?

Old post from 2011

9. Re: Haliburton for New Year's - What should we do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 December 2014, 23:05

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
4,174 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Haliburton for New Year's - What should we do?

Red Umbrella I, don't spam the forums. Self-promotion is not allowed and this is an old question from 2011 as several replies above have pointed out. I imagine your post will be deleted quite soon.

Reply to: Haliburton for New Year's - What should we do?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Haliburton