We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Haliburton Forest Camping

Bancroft, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
Haliburton Forest Camping

Hi All!

Planning on camping at Haliburton Forest for July Long weekend. I have a few campsite options and I wanted to ask around to see what others suggest!

We can stay at on Macdonald lake, and I'm more so leaning towards this lake because its bigger and holds trout. BUT Just wondered what the campsites are like? Are they quiet and private, also RIGHT on the water? Or are they set back and close to other campers?? Looking for a remote location to lay back and relax, without other campsite noises. I'm basically asking, are the campsites remote enough? Or are they too close to people and roads??

Thanks!!

5 replies to this topic
canada
2 posts
1. Re: Haliburton Forest Camping

did anyone answer you?

Bancroft, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Haliburton Forest Camping

Nope! But we re booked for an august weekend at a more private campsite still at haliburton forest on macdonald lake

Edited: 01 July 2013, 22:58
toronto, ON
Level Contributor
7 posts
69 reviews
3. Re: Haliburton Forest Camping

Please let me know how it went! I'm booked for Macdonald Lake as well (and they said it was one of the more private spots too)......

Toronto, Canada
1 post
4. Re: Haliburton Forest Camping

for fires ... can you just get wood from the forest or do you have to buy it at base camp?

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,319 posts
34 reviews
5. Re: Haliburton Forest Camping

Jwilde

You have resurrected Post from 2013! It’s akways wise to check the date, information on a 5 year old thread is out of date and often useless. The original poster gets email notification when someone posts on his thread. I highly doubt he cares now.

It’s best to ask a new question.

Reply to: Haliburton Forest Camping
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Haliburton