We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wanting place to stay along Channel coastline

Saint Paul...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Wanting place to stay along Channel coastline

Looking for recommendations on self-catering cottages (4-5 individual cottages) for 4-5 couples. We would like to stay on the Channel side of Cornwall in order to access ferries to the Channel Islands.

Potters Bar, United...
Level Contributor
910 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wanting place to stay along Channel coastline

I would recommend Falmouth It's a lovely friendly coastal town, you can do day trips out and about as It's very central to. Falmouth has a good mix of shops, high street, boutique and individual shops. There are plenty of restaurants to suit all tastes, mix of traditional family pubs or wine bars! Beaches galore ideal for going for a stroll or safe for swimming. Things to see/do: Merlin Cinema, Pendennis Castle or you can take the ferry across the River Fal to St.Mawes Castle. Falmouth also has Ships and Castles leisure complex (swimming pool and gym), there are NT gardens Glendurgan or Trebah Gardens both in a quaint village called Mawnan Smith, just outside Falmouth which is accessable by bus. The City of Truro Is 9 miles away you can catch the train or bus from Falmouth or even use the water taxi from the pier, this lovely city is well worth a visit with good high street stores and coffee shops . Self catering accommodation is available, I would Google self catering Falmouth see what comes up in your search that you like, I know packet quays have lots of holiday apartments.....

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,596 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wanting place to stay along Channel coastline

Are you sure you mean the Channel Islands? As far as I am aware you cannot get a ferry there from anywhere in Cornwall. Maybe I am wrong though?

Or do you mean the Isles of Scilly?

Saint Paul...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Wanting place to stay along Channel coastline

Thank you for the good suggestions!

4. Re: Wanting place to stay along Channel coastline

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 09:41