We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

location of port pendennis marina accommodation

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
location of port pendennis marina accommodation

Hi. We, 3 seniors with limited walking abilities, will be staying in self catering accommodation on Pendennis marina for a week end of Sept. Is this location within walking distance of Falmouth amenities(eating,,drinking, shopping, sightseeing etc.) and is it level walking, we are hoping it won't be necessary to take the car out all the time? Any information would help please.

Thanks. Trish

7 replies to this topic
Norfolk, United...
Level Contributor
989 posts
27 reviews
1. Re: location of port pendennis marina accommodation

Not a bad location at all. It's right by Discovery Quay with the restaurants there (and a small Tesco for groceries), and another 10-15 minutes level walk along the main street, past shops and restaurants, to the harbour where most ferries depart from. I think there is a pedestrian bridge access direct to Discovery Quay, otherwise it's a 5 minute walk to get there along the road.

Norfolk, United...
Level Contributor
989 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: location of port pendennis marina accommodation

We've stayed in various locations from Discovery Quay to Prince of Wales Quay without a car, and found it easy to get around. At that end of town you're closer to the train station, the Maritime Museum and Pendennis Castle, but a bit further from buses and ferries. There was a shuttle bus looping round the town, which would be convenient for you if still running.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
109 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: location of port pendennis marina accommodation

I am jumping in on this question, but thank you for these useful responses. I have just placed a question and I would be interested to hear Trish if you were happy with your accommodation on Pendennis Marina and if it was convenient.? Thanks for any help.

Cornwall, United...
Level Contributor
4,008 posts
73 reviews
4. Re: location of port pendennis marina accommodation

Pendennis Marina has probably the best location in Falmouth.

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: location of port pendennis marina accommodation

Location was ideal for us, very close to Discovery Quay and easy level walk through the town main street to the other Quays running off main street. Eating, drinking and food shopping convenient. Location of our apartment within the Marina was very good for us making it even closer to Discovery Quay. Very comfortable and well equipt apartment called Tall Ships and booked through Cornish Holidays, not in the area of the marina overlooking the inner harbour so no view but a pretty garden area and quiet and very convenient. Car parking space which is worth a lot in Falmouth where parking is a bit of a horror story. Hope this helps if you want any more info contact me. We had some really interesting days out while we were staying there.

Cheers Trish

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
109 posts
11 reviews
6. Re: location of port pendennis marina accommodation

Thanks Trish very helpful. We are having trouble deciding where we should stay because we are coming down by train and didn't want a car, but looks like we might need to hire one for a couple of days to do Eden and Haligan. But we wanted to be near the water and not far from the station. So still deciding where as don't know the area at all and they get booked up so quickly. Thanks again for your help.

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
7. Re: location of port pendennis marina accommodation

We had never been to Falmouth before and found a good street map on line so were able to see the locations of the various places we considered booking. Found this very useful. Also Emailed the Fal River Tourist Information Office and they sent me lots of good info. about Falmouth and the surrounding areas.

Trish.

Reply to: location of port pendennis marina accommodation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Falmouth