We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

Paignton, United...
Level Contributor
390 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
weather

Hi all off to looe for 7nights week beginning 7th may with my mrs and our 2year old.just wondered if anyone new what the weather may be like this week?its done nothing but rain in paignton for weeks :-( so was hoping for a little better weather.thanks for any replys.

Potters Bar, United...
Level Contributor
920 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather

Who knows!!! May is usually very nice in Cornwall but this year I wouldn't hold your breath..... If I were you I'd pack for rain and sun and plan things to do when It's sunny and when its wet!!! Eden project ideal for a rainy day but just remember you and a hundred other people will be thinking the same thing!! You could keep checking this site:

metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/sw/sw_forecast_w…

Also if It's bad where you are because Cornwall is so narrow you could always try the opposite coast or head south as quite often it can be completely different from one side to the other.

Sorry but without a crystal ball no one can really answer your question :-)

Hope it shines for you all...... Caz

Mentioned in this post
Cornwall
Cornwall
England, UK
Eden Project
Eden Project
9,956 Reviews
Bodelva, UK
Paignton, United...
Level Contributor
390 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather

Thanks ever so much for the helpful reply...;-)

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather

Hi Shaun

Most of the weather you've had in Paignton has come up from Cornwall anyway en route from the Atlantic. I was staying in Polperro ( four miles from Looe) last week and it poured with rain for my entire stay. No one can predict the weather unfortunately so just go along prepared for the worst and who knows, you may get lucky.

Good point from caz though, you do often find if say the south coast is manky, then the north coast can be totally different, or vice versa of course.

Mentioned in this post
Paignton
Paignton
English Riviera, UK
Cornwall
Cornwall
England, UK
Polperro
Polperro
Cornwall, UK
Looe
Looe
Cornwall, UK
Paignton, United...
Level Contributor
390 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather

Fingers crossed then ay :-) whatever the weather it will still be a nice break :-) thanks for taking the time to reply.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather

Our pleasure, enjoy your stay.

6. Re: weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2013, 18:15
Get answers to your questions about Looe
Recent Conversations