We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant and clubs for stag do?!

Kent
8 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant and clubs for stag do?!

Hi

I know there are millions of posts on here with regards to stag do's but was wondering if anyone could advise the best nightclubs and bars to visit. There will be 10 of us for a stag do weekend in July this year and we dont really want to waste any time or cash on any 'crap' clubs. We would also like to know a decent restaurant to go to for a meal on one of the evenings which will accept a fairly non rowdy stag party? Sinor Dick's has popped up a few times....is this still any good?.......and what about strip clubs? any good ones? or are they all a bit cheap n tacky???

Thanks for your time and any advise will be much appreciated!!......

Newquay Coasteering Adventure
4 Reviews
from US$59.80*
Free Cancellation
Half-Day Surf Experience in Newquay...
4 Reviews
from US$46.50*
Free Cancellation
Private One on One Surf Lesson in...
1 Review
from US$133.00*
Free Cancellation
Newquay, United...
Destination Expert
for Newquay, Cornwall
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant and clubs for stag do?!

Hi Baz, Had to pick my sons brains on this one, 28 single, out with his mates most weekends.

For clubs, he recommends, Bertie's or sailor's. Gentlemen's Club, Divas in beach Road (I didn't know he went there,....tut! tut!)

For food he says, The Fort pub in Fore St. They allow groups in, but apparently will chuck you out if you misbehave, his words not mine!

I presume you have your accomadation sorted, where will you be staying?

Have a great time.

Kent
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant and clubs for stag do?!

...what about buzio's restaurant? any good?....

Kent
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant and clubs for stag do?!

...many thanks for your help....the fort pub sounds a little like a 'family' pub/restaurant? what about buzio's restaurant? any good?

...i'm staying at hotel seventyseven on mount wise....bit strange cos the only review i can find is a very poor one from 2007 and nothing (good or bad) since......have you heard of it? would appreciate any heads up!!

Kent
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant and clubs for stag do?!

....also, we wanted to go clay pigeon shooting as this was offered by a 'stag weekend' organiser...though they say that the people they use are booked up for the saturday we are there (18th July). Does anyone know of anyone else we could contact locally?

Newquay, United...
Destination Expert
for Newquay, Cornwall
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant and clubs for stag do?!

Hi BAZ, Picked sons brain again,(dont think they have worked so hard!!!) apparently Buzios OK

but they tend to bump up their prices in season, & no not everyone does. There is also Wetherspoons.

As far as clay pigeon shooting, sorry can't help there, I really hate saying this to people but, if you haven't all ready, tried Google.

Seventy Seven, agree not a very good review. However I drive past there on a regular basis & it always looks nice & clean on the outside. Its possible its changed hands since 2007.Sorry I could not be of anymore help. hopefully you may get some more posters who can help you further.

Kent
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant and clubs for stag do?!

....thanks for your help!!

Newquay, United...
Destination Expert
for Newquay, Cornwall
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant and clubs for stag do?!

Your Welome.

midlands
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant and clubs for stag do?!

HI,

For food the Red Lion at the bottom of Tower Road. The Indian next to the Great Western Hotel. Senor`s Dicks is OK. Haven`t eaten in Buzio`s but planning to. Looked Ok when we went for drinks( Stag Do last year) Loads of places to eat.

For Nightclubs

Sailors or Berties. The beach is OK. Your in Newquay.

I did like Halos for the Lap dancing better than Diva`s.

If you aim for the Central Inn pub then take it from there you should do ok.

As for where your staying if the bed is clean be happy. I love Newquay but find the accomadtion can be a bit hit and miss. Overall me and the lads go back year after year and love it. We usually go karting £22 15mins arrive and drive. Can`t help you with the clays but there is paintball nearby.

Enjoy

Mentioned in this post
Great Western Hotel
Great Western Hotel
967 Reviews
Newquay, UK
Newquay
Newquay
Cornwall, UK
The Central Inn
The Central Inn
428 Reviews
Newquay, UK
midlands
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant and clubs for stag do?!

As for clay piegen. Have you thought about doing it on the way home. Your`ll probably have to check out around 10 ish on the morning of departure, you could do a half day afternoon shoot. You`ll just have to find one.

Newcastle UK
Level Contributor
102 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant and clubs for stag do?!

Baz, I am staying at seventy seven on wedneday through to the weekend on a stag do. so i will let you know