We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking

eccleston
Level Contributor
70 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Walking

The coastal path is a must for anyone whether they want a little stroll or a decent "yomp". It is well marked and you come across beautiful bays and coves along the way. The walk to the North is a bit more hilly and "scaley" and I would recommend walking shoes but I walked to the south in walking sandals. There is a regular bus service to get you back to Newquay. The coastline is fantastic and the views magnificent.

Mentioned in this post
Newquay
Newquay
Cornwall, UK
Newquay, United...
Destination Expert
for Newquay, Cornwall
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking

Hi Suggest. Thanks for your input. Realy pleased you enjoyed your walking, & your stay in Newquay.

It is nice to see a positive review.

Until next time...........

Mentioned in this post
Newquay
Newquay
Cornwall, UK
Newquay
Level Contributor
168 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking

hello suggest

nice to see you enjoyed your walks...any pics for the forum :-)

regards john

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,615 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking

Hi suggest

As you like walking have you tried the saint's way? Takes you from coast to coast, a beautiful walk through some interesting scenery!

eccleston
Level Contributor
70 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking

no but it is one that I will now look at. Done Hadrian's Wall Way and Great Glen Way and loved both. You see so much more when you're walking don't you. As for the photos, well I'll have to see if my daughter can give me a hand with that. We have some great pics, being from Lancashire we're not used to seeing the sea so blue!!!

Mentioned in this post
Lancashire
Lancashire
England, UK
Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,615 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking

you certainly see a lot more when you are walking, and you notice things you would miss if you were in a car.

I did Hadrians Wall a lot of years ago now, in fact when I was still at school (probably just after it was built!!lol) We could walk on a lot more of the actual wall then,but I loved the scenery around, in fact it was a lot like Cornwall in places.

Hope you do get to walk at least part of the saint's way, stop off at the pub in Lanivet if you do!

Mentioned in this post
Cornwall
Cornwall
England, UK
UK
Level Contributor
965 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking

Yes 'suggest', just done exactly that myself this weekend.

Totally agree the coastal walks (north AND south) are great and you can get a bus back to save retracing your steps and thus being able to get further around.

Ole

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,521 posts
365 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walking

I reckon the south west coast path is a gem which the majority of tourists don't use. Its the best way of seeing Cornwalls real beauty. Even on a bank holiday you can escape the crowds within minutes once you leave the villages/car parks behind.

I'm working my way around it, but theres a heck of a lot of it,so it will take a few years to complete.

8. Re: Walking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2009, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about Newquay
Recent Conversations