We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation Lodge, Newquay

Essex
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Vacation Lodge, Newquay

Hi,

Has anyone (or their kids)stayed at this accomodation (for 16-25 year olds) and if so can you give me some idea of what it is like? Obviously not expecting anything 5* given the low price but have just booked 5 days there for my 17 year old daughter and friend.....Also can anyone recommend nightlife suitable for this age group (ie under 18s) as they won't (legally!) be able to frequent the usual pubs/clubs, or do some hold 'under 18' nights? Anywhere you can recommend cheap to eat out would also be helpful as I can't see them doing too much self-catering!!!!!:-)

Many thanks

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,615 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation Lodge, Newquay

Sorry, can't really answer any of you queries, just wanted to say they are pretty hot on ID in clubs in Newquay, so best warn your daughter.

Loads of chippies and the like in Newqauy, and pasties are a reasonably cheap option for filling up as well.

There have been a few incidents of young people falling from cliffs lately, so long as they as sensible they will be ok, but do warn against going beyond barriers, trying to climb up etc and they will be perfectly safe.

Mentioned in this post
Newquay
Newquay
Cornwall, UK
Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,531 posts
365 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation Lodge, Newquay

Hi

If you can get a copy of the Mirror today,there is a two page article on Newquay concentrating on underage drinking as there have been a lot of bad press about drunken teenagers and the dangers from the cliffs after two deaths in the last month.

There are hordes of teenagers who have finished their GCSEs and are having wild times in Newquay.

Its not a new thing but seems to have hit the headlines at ther moment.

Just be aware of the dangers,hope i haven't worried you,but they need to be sensible and they will have a great time in Newquay.

Mentioned in this post
Newquay
Newquay
Cornwall, UK
Essex
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation Lodge, Newquay

Many thanks for your concerns re: underage drinking.....am well aware of how widespread the problem is, even locally in Essex. Fortunately my daughter is sensible regarding those issues......my question regarding nightlife was not intended to be read as 'where can she readily obtain access to alcohol?' but more 'where is there for under 18s to 'hangout' in the evenings other than aimlessly wandering the streets?'. Hope this clarifies......

Many thanks

Mentioned in this post
Essex
Essex
England, UK
Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,615 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vacation Lodge, Newquay

All i can find in Cornish Guardian whats on pages, is Berties nighclub, Tuesday 16-18s foam party, Thursday 16-18s urban foam night. This is for this week, so not sure if it's an ongoing thing all summer. I suggest they look at thisiscornwall.co.uk when they are going for further information.

I notice on the lodge website it says there is no bar, bring your own booze, so think that says a lot about the sort of place it is, but so long as your daughter and her friend are sensible they will be fine.

5. Re: Vacation Lodge, Newquay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2010, 14:16