We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas eating out

Lancashire
Level Contributor
83 posts
20 reviews
Christmas eating out

We have booked a 4 night b&b package from 23rd Dec at Barcelo Imperial - will probably have Christmas Day lunch in the hotel but want to find other places to eat that are open Boxing Day and the day after - trawled through restaurants & have emailed and rung some up - no replies yet to emails and the ones we have rung are closed both Christmas & Boxing Day - so far drawing a blank.

Can anyone suggest places that might be open?

Thanks in advance

Alan & Lorraine

Teignmouth, United...
Level Contributor
489 posts
176 reviews
1. Re: Christmas eating out

I'll have a look around and get back to you... any preferences as to type of food?

ATB,J.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
83 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Christmas eating out

Not really Indian food fans - but anything else ok - have booked Man Friday's for Sat evening 24th Dec and lunch at hotel for Sunday 25th.

Just something needed for Boxing Day rest of time we will probably settle for pub grub.

Thanks for your help

Alan & Lorraine

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
352 posts
69 reviews
3. Re: Christmas eating out

Man Fridays always used to be nice, I have not been there for a while, but I am sure it is still really good. Hope you enjoy.

The orange tree or the elephant would both be very nice for boxing day, I am sure they get booked up fast thought. Biancos for Italian would also be nice, all of these are around the harbour area so not far from your hotel. I havent checked whether any of these are open Boxing day, but would have thought so. Could be good to get an idea of the price range/style of restaurant you would like.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
83 posts
20 reviews
4. Re: Christmas eating out

Thanks for your help - the Orange tree and Elephant are both fully booked over Christmas/New Year - really fancied Biancos/Amici but both closed Boxing Day - have managed to book Reah Bros. at the Pavilion for Boxing Day night - so sorted now - think our waistlines and wallet will need a break after that- so sandwiches/pub grub will have to do for the rest of our stay.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
352 posts
69 reviews
5. Re: Christmas eating out

Not tried that place before, location is good but have no idea on what its like - can you let me know once you have been there, would be interested in your views.

Dartmouth, United...
Level Contributor
632 posts
116 reviews
6. Re: Christmas eating out

We had a meal at Amici's last week, food was okay but nothing to rave about.

7. Re: Christmas eating out

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2012, 18:20
Get answers to your questions about Torquay