We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea Spray?

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
140 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sea Spray?

Can anyone tell me what has happened to the Sea Spray restaurant on the waterfront in Torquay? We visit each time we come over and yesterday drove there and it was gone. Have they relocated or shut down. What a pity if it is closed. Thanks if anyone can tell me.

Mentioned in this post
Torquay
Torquay
English Riviera, UK
Small World Restaurant and Tapas Bar
$$ - $$$, Bar, Spanish, International
Memories Bistro
$$ - $$$, Seafood, European, British
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
5,101 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea Spray?

It appears to still be open:

http://www.seasprayrestaurant.co.uk/index.php

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
140 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea Spray?

We drove by and it is another business there. Yes the website is still running which is why I am so confused and curious and disappointed as well.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea Spray?

I'm also looking to book a table there in July - ate there a couple of years ago and it was great. Found the website but the phone number is dead.

Does anyone know whats happened - there are reviews on tripadvisor from April

North Warwickshire
Level Contributor
4 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sea Spray?

Hi. We are down in Torquay now and was looking forward to our annual visit. Unfortunately, it is now shut and has been turned into a Tea Room called Bucaneer, under new owners, we are led to believe the old owners retired.

Mentioned in this post
Torquay
Torquay
English Riviera, UK
Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
140 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sea Spray?

Thank You for your reply. I always looked forward to seeing Helen and I hope that the retirement was by choice.... and not due to unforseen circumstances. I hope they are well and happy and we will miss our visits to Seaspray.

6. Re: Sea Spray?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2013, 12:15